Home

Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

This is a discussion on Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 5
imma be honest tho still waiting on a few more gameplay videos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 01:50 PM   #146
Banned

i must admit i am kinda scared cus i havent seen ne1 under a 67 overall i mean im sure theyll explain ratings pretty soon..i think..i hope..i prey that they do...
Old 09-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #147
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

From the looks of it, I can only speculate that the ratings favor the Offensive Players. If you can shoot and score, you warrant a higher overall.

On that note: Brook Lopez's offensive game is superior to that of Roy Hibbert and Tyson Chandler. Especially Inside and Close shot ... We know Lopez is soft and lacks aggression, but if I need someone to score in the low post, I am giving it to Brook Lopez. Another factor about him, he can shoot free throws (80% at the line) so fouling him is also a risk. Lopez also has a better Midrange shot. Chandler and Hibbert's midrange shot has to be in the 55-65 range.

Hibbert and Chandler do not have any post moves, either. Hibbert has a hook shot in his arsenal and that is it, and 2K13 will reflect that in the game with his B Inside Game. Midrange jumper? No way. Hibbert I will admit will have a superior layup rating, but other than that he doesn't have the shooting Lopez has.

Chandler, there is nothing to say with his offense. It's his defense and I already proved that by showing his letter grades, he beats Lopez and Hibbert with his defense. Only thing I can say is, 2K13 overall rating takes the offensive game into its value. Chandler's offense brings him down to a 77. This is why the OVERALL rating should be removed and become arbitrary - a pseudo number to represent a player's prestige and rank.

-----

Back to Lopez and Hibbert argument ...

What it might look like with the numerical attributes:

(Bold indicates dominance)

Lopez (80 OVR)
Inside Game: A-
Inside Shot: 92
Close Shot: 87
Midrange: 75

Layup 45

Hibbert (79 OVR)
Inside Game: B
Inside Shot: 96
Close Shot: 80
Midrange: 63
Layup: 55

These aren't real, just an example, but this is how I think the ratings are based ... Offensive Game has higher value.

my 2 cents
Old 09-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #148
Rookie

OVR: 2
In the Houston rockets pic look at the right hand corner.... The players on the bench might be the brooklyn nets! Check out the new Jersey! (pun intended)!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #149
Banned

vince carter rating is pretty on point i caught i lot of games where he played pretty good ...honestly i think pppl r going to have probblems with mo williams nate robinson j kidd iman and maybe tim duncan
Old 09-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #150
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
most of these ratings seem a little high...i really hope potential is toned down or implemented in a different way because association is gonna get ridiculous after a year or so. With these high ratings everyone is gonna want big contracts and were gonna have some good players left in the free agent pool cause nobody can pay them
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #151
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

75 for Gerald Green is right on the money. Athlrtic ratings should be very high. Has a real nice jimpshot now & is a pretty good defender now... He played very well for Nets last yr.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #152
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Some Ratings from the NBA 2K13 Asian Media Meet-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Gasol and Griffin should definitely be higher rated.
No doubt. Amare had an awful year though. I think sometimes he should've came off the BENCH.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »