Home

Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

This is a discussion on Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #153
Rookie

OVR: 5
When is the demo going to be available?
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #154
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
Snip
Yar, I have to agree for the most part. I alluded to Tyson's inability to create his own shot in the previous post. He's efficient but not high volume, and I think requires a good point guard to be effective offensively. That said, Chandler's superb defense and rebounding should, IMO, put him over Lopez who, despite his scoring abilities, struggles defensively and doesn't rebound.

Maybe you're right, that 2K values offense over defense. I think they've gone a bit too far with that, though.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #155
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Many More NBA 2K13 Player Ratings Revealed - Knicks, Lakers, Bulls, Heat and More

Quote:
Originally Posted by InexorableBKN
But isn't it a little bit suspect when everyone else is getting a boost and he isn't? He's one of the most valuable players in the league - 77 is an insult. Monobrow and Ibaka should not be, respectively, rated 3 and 4 points higher than Chandler.

2K's ratings are baseless. Ratings are truer to fanfare and league popularity than each player's actual abilities. There are a few anomalies, of course, such as Avery Bradley's inexplicable 79.

Chris Bosh has been shafted this year. His defense is actually pretty good and the Heat's offense falls apart without him.
I think Bosh falls victim of the attributes and ratings of his position.
  • He is not an elite athlete vertical, dunk quickness and is slow to me. He can finish at the rim but I would say he is about average at that.
  • Post defender average, rebounder average maybe slightly above but not great.
  • Strength average, blocking average or below average for his position
  • Passing, dribbling he is nothing special there
  • He does have a nice post face up game which he is very good and his mid range game is on the elite level for his position
He is a good player and actually showed some hustle plays in the playoffs but for the most part his game is predicated on making mid range jump shots. I have no problem with his rating.

With Chandler I see your point but his offense skill set is not great and is very limited. His offense is just bringing down his defense which is bringing down his overall
  • If he is not dunking, catching oops or shooting layups he can not score.
  • He is a good rebounder and one of his better skills is to play pick and rolls on defense because he can switch and not be severly overmatched.
With Bradley I don't know I might agree with you but I would have to see how it plays out. I think that 2K is just giving fair values to the elite defenders. I would place Bradley in the elite defender category for his postiton he is just relentless and is a pretty good athlete. Say he is is a low 70 for offense and his defense is 88 that would put him somewhere in the high 70's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #156
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksuperior9
For you to say Amare is one of worst defenders in the league, we should all question if you watch basketball...
lol Amare is EASILY one of the worst defenders in the league. When it comes to post defense, perimeter defense, help defense on drives, help defense on screens, guarding his man on the ball, off the ball, fundamentally, leaves his feet, gets beat by slower players, has no focus, intensity, or effort. He is TERRIBLE! The only thing he has shown is good shot blocking ability but that was nowhere to be found last year. Plus, he really wasn't that good offensively last year either. He had some really awful games, his usually consistent jumper was completely GONE the entire yeaer, and he lacked explosiveness. I remember Amir Johnson probably blocked him 5 times one game. BORIS DIAW dropped like 30 on him, too. So the question is, do YOU watch basketball?

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #157
Banned

raul24NDLAL12's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't Believe they got Dwight Howards weight wrong again he weighs 280 not 265...
Old 09-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #158
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
When is the demo going to be available?
Hopefully by tomorrow, HOPEFULLY.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #159
Rookie

rnichol8's Arena

OVR: 5

Can't wait to see what "The Sim-World" crew does with these ratings and signature skills. I hope 2k made this game roster editing friendly for the guys to do what they do.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #160
MVP

RedSceptile's Arena

OVR: 17

Thank you raiderphantom. Amare is the definition of a one way player (and last year he wasn't even that good at the direction he goes LOL).

I know Knick fans watching Amare play "defense" must just cringe, shake their heads, and close their eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »