Home

NBA 2K13 Ratings - Harris, Allen, Brooks, Pierce, Butler and Randolph

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Ratings - Harris, Allen, Brooks, Pierce, Butler and Randolph within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K13 Ratings - Harris, Allen, Brooks, Pierce, Butler and Randolph

And hasn't Hibbert been adjusted to a 79?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
I'm not talking about specific skill ratings... if Ray Allen is a 90 at dunking, obviously that's too high. But what people are saying is that oh, Bosh is better than Duncan, so he shouldn't be an 83 while Duncan's an 87.
but even last year something was wrong with the way players were rated. don't believe me, go look at how ray dunks when he hasn't done that since who knows when. The skills and attributes are being applied unjustly.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnis
but even last year something was wrong with the way players were rated. don't believe me, go look at how ray dunks when he hasn't done that since who knows when. The skills and attributes are being applied unjustly.
No, I see that, I think Ray was like a 69 at dunking, which was cool with me since he can still get up. It's just that his animations/dunk package didn't reflect his rating and actual dunks very well... but then again they can't customize every player.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #28
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretius8
Here's the problem with everybody criticizing the ratings - the ratings are NOT meant to reflect "how good" a player is in real life. 2K uses a formula to try to best capture player attributes and skills so that we can play a video game. Ratings are not rankings. So, let's stop complaining
See to me, the overall ratings are what tell you a players worth. The individual ratings tell you what the player is good at.

Shumpert can be a great defender, but overall, he is not a player that I would say values even near a Chris Bosh.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
See to me, the overall ratings are what tell you a players worth. The individual ratings tell you what the player is good at.

Shumpert can be a great defender, but overall, he is not a player that I would say values even near a Chris Bosh.
Yea, but since adding to each individual rating affects the players worth, which is dependent on some formula 2k made, I think it would be hard to match ratings with worth. Not impossible, but with all those individual ratings, it'd probably be hard. Catch my drift?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #30
Banned

lol, copy and paste of 2k12
Old 09-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2
Personally I think ratings should be based on a players skill . Then his individual tendencies on his talents should give him his rate . An 80 for Allen is high tho he can't jump anymore he's slower and he turns the ball over alot more . His ratings should have drop drastically . But that wouldn't make him any worse of a three point shooter . He's more spot up at this point of his career . So an overall 75 to 76 would make more sense because he does less nowadays . That's just me . Check my edits after the game launches gt: POP THAT SPLIFF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #32
Rookie

The LA bias continue with 2K...How can Butler have a higher rating than Paul George and probably Batum?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »