Home

NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
man this demo makes me not want to play 2k12 anymore. can't wait for 13 to drop!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
I traded in 2k12 as soon as the dribble stick was announced. No point in exercising the old system when I'll have to learn a new one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #27
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Re: NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

The demos pretty amazing, just wish you could invite friends online but that's not a big deal..the only problem I have is wit the camera..at least let me use the 2K cam, I can't get a feel for the controls because of that.

Some people online still try to pound the x button for steals, and just stand in your face looking for charges too..I don't know where that playstyle came from but them kids need to go somewhere lol

Oh, and people that wanna go back to 2K12 controls: I understand where you're coming from, but you should probably get used to the new ones..cuz what if 2K14 comes out and they take out 2K12 controls for good..just sayin.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #28
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I really don't know why people aren't talking about the difficulty of the post game or pump fakes. In 2k12 it was easy to shoot a pump fake and easy to work in the post. It's a whole lot harder this year in both aspects. Also, the presentation isn't as good. I'm really hoping for more starting lineup screens than the one we got.

However, the movement is better, the animations are more fluid and shooting seems easier.

I also really like the new dribble controls. Overall it's better than 2k12 I just wish the pump fakes and post game where as easy as 2k12.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 4
2k12? Unplayable now. With the whole new control stick you can pull off a whole new arsenal of moves. I think thats why they changed it. It takes some getting use to but they haven't took ANYTHING out the game its just different buttons now.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I really don't know why people aren't talking about the difficulty of the post game or pump fakes. In 2k12 it was easy to shoot a pump fake and easy to work in the post. It's a whole lot harder this year in both aspects. Also, the presentation isn't as good. I'm really hoping for more starting lineup screens than the one we got.

However, the movement is better, the animations are more fluid and shooting seems easier.

I also really like the new dribble controls. Overall it's better than 2k12 I just wish the pump fakes and post game where as easy as 2k12.
I have to agree with the pump fakes portion of this. Now I'm not saying it's the games fault, perhaps it is just because of me getting used to the control, or whatever is causing that slight delay with the new shot stick, but I noticed that as well, that I wasn't as fluid on pump fakes. I am still not ready to blame the game yet given I have not learned the new controls like I want, but that was something I was struggling with in the demo.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
so they are calling it sports game of the year after playing the demo? lmao...

hopefully 2k has them on their payroll.
I think 2k has everyone on their payroll....2k can't do no wrong in most eyes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce
It's so funny when I was not a member here they used to say OS was a EA Fanboy site. Now the tables are turned they say their a 2K Fanboy site....SMDH You need proof:

Language Warning

Spoiler
hahaha.....I'll probably end up ban myself for not kissing 2k13 butt

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »