Home

NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-26-2012, 05:47 PM   #41
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Biscuit 07
I have to agree with the pump fakes portion of this. Now I'm not saying it's the games fault, perhaps it is just because of me getting used to the control, or whatever is causing that slight delay with the new shot stick, but I noticed that as well, that I wasn't as fluid on pump fakes. I am still not ready to blame the game yet given I have not learned the new controls like I want, but that was something I was struggling with in the demo.
Post moves take some getting used to as do all the controls. They still offer you last year's control system in the retail version if you're not happy. The game itself moves and feels amazing. So it's at least not just a roster update version from the previous year like a lot of other games do. The game feels and moves better and more realistic. Once you get the new controls down you'll appreciate the game a lot more but if not you can always go back to the 2k12 controls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 12:21 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRell
Me too.....or maybe were just being realistic
i think its foolish for people to bash you guys for not liking the demo/game. I personally just wish you guys would elaborate, and also keep the concept or "what can actually be implemented" in mind. For example, people have ragged on madden for years because either they failed to hit the realism levels that the very old nfl2k games were reaching, or because they would add new features just to remove some other features, and then reintroduce those features as new (2k is doing this with crew right now, and i have a few ideas as to why)

So its fine if you find something unrealistic, and it turns you off, but explain it, try to explain how it could have been tweaked or changed, dont just point out that foot planting wasnt 100% real when no sport game has really figured out how to do that yet.

Also its always a good idea to present what you do like about the game. I refuse to believe that there i nothing you guys enjoy about 2k13, and if there really is nothing you like about 2k13, then at least mention things you have liked in other basketball games (2k, live, whatever) so at least it makes your argument more relatable, more understandable, and seemingly less trollish (even if its not your intention, simply saying negative things and calling them 'truths' is essentially trollish behavior)

I for one enjoy reading the real negatives on a product. The best products, to me, are not the ones that have the most positives, but the ones that have the least negatives.....and when it comes to games like 2k13, i like to look into how many of the negatives are true negatives as opposed to user misunderstanding....
Old 09-27-2012, 03:10 AM   #43
GOB
Rookie

OVR: 0
The demo was alright i just wish we didn't have to play as the teams in the NBA finals every year like why cant the put in 4 teams and if they have to make 2 of them the NBA finals teams and the other two can be random. For me that would be alot more fun.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:26 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

They did take out one thing, you can't do the hard fast jab step anymore. In 2k12 when you jabbed forward, it was a hard quick jab. Seems like 13 only has the slower jab left or right. Now sure why no one mentioned it but I tend to like to utilize triple threat and the quick jab was a great offensive weapon. It's either not in 13 or I don't know how to execute it.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #45
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

Some things I noticed already

-Spin move and up and under moves are way overpowered...
-Self alleyoops need to be drastically toned down (I personally would even remove them from the entire game)
-Lack of contact when an offensive player is close/under the rim (maybe a slider thing?), combined with poor shot blocking/too slow contest animations for the defenders. Lead passes could be the cheesers' favorite weapon this year

Everything else feels GREAT, having a lot of fun with the demo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 04:50 AM   #46
Rookie

davros88's Arena

OVR: 2
The new gameplay features and the way players move looks pretty cool, even if i'm still quite dumb with the control stick... But does anybody else think that the graphics haven't improved much? And of course I hope that the presentation in the full game will be way better and more complete than this one...
Old 09-27-2012, 06:14 AM   #47
Just started!

OVR: 4
It does seem like the graphics took a slight hit. There is a bit of loss of detail in player faces and I think that it is time for the crowd to finally get the work it deserves too. The crowd looks pretty bad.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
As I've already preordered the game after learning about all the gameplay changes, I'll skip the demo and look forward to finally getting the final game. Can't wait ...

OT: Does anybody else miss the option to shoot freethrows using sixaxis on PS3? 2ksports, will this be in back in 2k13? If not, is it possible to patch this into the game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »