Home

Madden NFL 25 to Include Actual NFL Referees?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 to Include Actual NFL Referees? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #17
MVP

MattIntellect's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Madden NFL 14 to Include Actual NFL Referees?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
They need to fix the actual assisted tackle stats before implementing anything else.

Just saying.
I get what you're saying, but as mentioned in the OP, this thread is about anything related to the referees and penalties, not other features that you may feel are of more importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Let's keep the discussion on penalties (and not "WHY ARE THEY WORKING ON REFEREES WHEN THEY HAVE SO MANY OTHER ISSUES...")

Just stay on topic, thanks...
Old 09-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by prey2god
and quite honestly, i'll consider never playing Madden again if they bring up some new gimmick like "Be a ref mode".

That would make me ill
First Person Football from 2k is back in Madden 14
Old 09-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

So why can't they just keep the anonymous referees and actually fix the problems with them they've had this gen?

And while i'm at it, variable referees and penalties please. Yes, it's been said. I'm just adding my voice to it. I woud love for a mode where the penalty sliders are both randomzed and locked at the start of each gameplay, there'd be a message such as 'Lance Easley is working today's game', then the penalty sliders would both be locked to change and hidden in the sliders menu, so you got no idea what would be called when in that game.

Of course, the above means EA have to actually fix penalties and referees first. Maybe in Madden 15
Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10

Well if they going too get real refs in the game, then maybe they need too concentrate on getting all the NFL penalties in the game and make sure they work properly, like pass inteference for both offensive and defensive. Madden need too concentrate on fundamentals of the game and stop with the nonsense...seriously!!! You wonder why your sales are dropping again and u are the laughing stock of next-gen sport gaming. Get it together EA, get what's broken fixed and worry about refs later, must people really aren't worried about that. FUNDAMENTALS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #21
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Real refs have been in FIFA for a year or so now, so this is most likely where the idea came from. Usually if one of EA's games has a new feature, in time it gets implemented into another.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 08:10 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 28

Allright - it's not something that is necessarily a bad thing. The sad part is that we all know the implementation will be crap, just like everything in Madden. I mean, it's sad that we are talking about a football game that doesn't even represent the rules realistically. How many times in Madden do you see a Holding penalty on a kickoff return? Every other kickoff... In the real NFL? I don't know the last time I saw a HOLDING penalty on a kickoff return. How about an illegal block in the back instead? Also, they still don't even have ineligible man down field in the game. Will we see them actually throw the flags? Will different crews call the game differently (how about an option for that)? Will the refs move all herky-jerky and twitchy like the players? Eh - when we see something revealing player movement will be realistic and smooth and the football on the field improves ten fold, then maybe I'll pay attention, but for now... YAWWWWWWWN....
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #23
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

I was raised to the saying" if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing." I have nothing to say.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 09-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #24
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_truthman.com
I really dont see how anyone can get excited about this. With all the videos Ryanmoody21 has put out there. With all the issues this game has, they announce they will have real refs in the game. This is a joke right. So let me get this straight. EA is so excited about yet another gimmicky feature, they announce it with Madden 13 just being weeks old. So, EA doesn't care to much about the following then......

Now, you can add REAL REFS to the list of things we didn't ask for.
Well, not sure if you bothered to read the OP.

This wasn't announced by EA or Madden, it was announced by the referee union.

Also, the OP pleaded for everyone to stay on topic and the OP is the site owner.

Just saying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »