Home

NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Demo Roundtable within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-27-2012, 06:35 AM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 4
This seems to be a very stripped down version of what we are going to actually be playing come next Tuesday. Overall they did do a solid effort in Improving the gameplay for us. Like every other year, my complaints will mostly be very petty and have to do with specific details not any major gripe. It would be nice though to get a more complete demo in order to truly get a feel for the game specifically this year with the new added controls.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #50
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
The game is downright amazing. I heard if you don't like the new control scheme you can use the 2k12 controls? Not sure if that's confirmed. I love the organic feel, just feels even more realistic which I never thought was possible, but this will be the sickest NBA game in video game history. Bummed we only have 2 new classic teams. That sucks. Lucky for 2K roster share.

Can someone correct me? There is NO Team USA? Just dream team correct?

I so want my 90's Pacers. And if you got Barkley in the game, give us the classic SUNS! Come on 2k!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
U can still dribble with LS u can chain moves together with RS thats sick! And the passing is amazing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
The game is downright amazing. I heard if you don't like the new control scheme you can use the 2k12 controls? Not sure if that's confirmed. I love the organic feel, just feels even more realistic which I never thought was possible, but this will be the sickest NBA game in video game history. Bummed we only have 2 new classic teams. That sucks. Lucky for 2K roster share.

Can someone correct me? There is NO Team USA? Just dream team correct?

I so want my 90's Pacers. And if you got Barkley in the game, give us the classic SUNS! Come on 2k!
Just to answer a few questions you asked. There is both the 1992 USA Olympic Team and the 2012 squad from this year. Secondly, not sure what you are referring to 2 new classic teams (unless you are referring to the two Dream Teams) as the only new classic team is the 2000-'01- Sixers. Also of note as has been pointed out is the lost of Dr. J, Chris Webber, and Kareem (this is unconfirmed yet but looking probable from the video that was posted yesterday on OS). The teams are still there but it looks like those players are not in the game this year. Finally, with regards to Barkley, he only gave permission for his use in the 1992 Dream Team, not for any Classic teams, so there will not be a classic Suns team with the Round Mound of Rebound. Hope this helps.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolomair
i think its foolish for people to bash you guys for not liking the demo/game. I personally just wish you guys would elaborate, and also keep the concept or "what can actually be implemented" in mind. For example, people have ragged on madden for years because either they failed to hit the realism levels that the very old nfl2k games were reaching, or because they would add new features just to remove some other features, and then reintroduce those features as new (2k is doing this with crew right now, and i have a few ideas as to why)

So its fine if you find something unrealistic, and it turns you off, but explain it, try to explain how it could have been tweaked or changed, dont just point out that foot planting wasnt 100% real when no sport game has really figured out how to do that yet.

Also its always a good idea to present what you do like about the game. I refuse to believe that there i nothing you guys enjoy about 2k13, and if there really is nothing you like about 2k13, then at least mention things you have liked in other basketball games (2k, live, whatever) so at least it makes your argument more relatable, more understandable, and seemingly less trollish (even if its not your intention, simply saying negative things and calling them 'truths' is essentially trollish behavior)

I for one enjoy reading the real negatives on a product. The best products, to me, are not the ones that have the most positives, but the ones that have the least negatives.....and when it comes to games like 2k13, i like to look into how many of the negatives are true negatives as opposed to user misunderstanding....
I just want to point out THIS is why I come to OS. Well thought out intelligent posts. Substantive arguments and discussions. Respect. Yeah, we get the random fan boy or troll (not implying the people that were spoken to in this post are trolls. Regardless of how they came across trolling may not have been their intention at all). It's just nice to find a site that is both informative, active, and on top of everything that comes out. Plus a great bunch of gamers who understand the nuances and some of the challenges that these developers face. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #54
Rookie

I have always loved the 2K series, been playing since the PS2 days.

I played the hell out of 2K12.

BUT..... I'm not really felling 2K13.

The game feels arcadish to me. Nothing but fast breaks and too many dunks. (Might be the way I am playing it)

I also need to get used to the controls. I have always used the shot stick, never used square.

BTW. I have played the full retail copy.
They have had them on, on the floor since Tuesday at all the Best Buys here in South Florida.

Also the 2K Cam delay seems to have been fixed. It will turn immediately upon a turnover.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0
anyone know what difficulty this is? cause the cpu never misses haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #56
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I love how every 2k basketball demo that creepy guy with the laugh is in there. He sounds like Joba the Hut's little pet with that crazy laugh. I know its always gone in the retail version but it wouldn't be a NBA2k demo without him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »