Home

FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #145
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: FIFA 13 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
I consistently see back passes and lateral passes. I'm not seeing the criticism that the CPU always pushes forward.
I only see this when I am vigilant on defense by constantly switching players.

The player I switch to is always 5 yds away and standing still so I have to hold LT + RT + A + L stick towards the player to get into a reasonable defensive position.

Depending on where the ball is on the pitch I will press tight or shade a passing lane. Of course I have to repeat this routine pretty much nonstop when the AI reaches my 1/3rd of the pitch after every pass.

It would be nice to NOT have to do all of this to get realistic looking gameplay but I have to admit that when I do all of the defensive work myself the flow of the game is much better and feels way more realistic to me so it's worth it IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #146
All Star

OVR: 20

You def have to be very active on defense. I contain usually and see the CPU work the ball. I have noticed they get a lot more tackles than me. I'm trying to work on my tackling. I think the CPU should play defense for the user as well as they do for themselves but that's not the case.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #147
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

It is hard to stop the CPU from advancing because your teammates play too far off them. By the time you switch to them and pressure the CPU just moved the ball to the next guy. You can't spam the teammate pressure button either as you'll just get your players all out of position and make it worse.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #148
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Agreed on the teammate defensive issues. When I play friends online, the constant 'switch & close down' style of D is vital due to the space afforded by NPC teammates.

However, if any of you are playing offline, try raising the marking slider. It appears to affect how tightly defenders play off the ball. I have it quite high right now (85 IIRC), but I'm still trying to find the right balance. I'm not seeing the same issue I did last year where the defense would completely lose its shape with a very high marking setting. This works well with lowering the line length setting, as brings the defenders closer together, perhaps mitigating potential adverse effects of high marking.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #149
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

Marking helps but I still don't trust them to defend once the other team is close to goal. As long as you can switch players yourself you can handle things, but playing as a single player on the field can be a nightmare (and in player career mode I can't adjust the strategy).

The big issue seems to be that the slower defenders don't respect the speed of attackers enough. They react just a moment too slowly sometimes and give up far too many chances that should never happen. It is funny but NHL has the exact same issue. It isn't like they are horrible at it, but there's just a moment where they just don't react quite fast enough. It sometimes gives the attackers just an extra moment of opportunity.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #150
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Sometimes, I try to mitigate the soft marking of my CPU teammates by using RB to double team and just allow the CPU to mark the man.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:05 PM   #151
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I bought the iPad version. After playing it and the demo, I think I'm pretty close to buying FIFA (on the PS3) for the first time in ages. I'm not a die-hard fan by any means, but I'm really impressed by what I've seen so far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #152
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use Chelsea, it's awesome playing against Liverpool at Anfield. Every time Torres touches the ball you just hear the crowd go ****ing mental at him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »