Home

NCAA Football 13 October Title Update Available Now For PS3 and 360

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13 October Title Update Available Now For PS3 and 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #97
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 13 October Title Update Available Now For PS3 and 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Sundown check this foolishness out lol...I went in and experimented some more with the ratings...just to see how the game would play/animations etc.

So, I picked a team at random(Florida) and I edited the starting LT Max Garcia and the RDE Ronald Powell. I put the LT Run Block, Pass Block, Impact Block and Strength at 5. Then I took the RDE and lowered Strength, Finesse Moves, Power Moves, Block Shedding all to 0.

Then I started up a Florida vs Florida CPU game just to watch the line interaction. The matchup between Garcia and Powell was a stalemate for the most part. But, I actually saw some animations I hadn't seen before. So, then what I did was on one team I subbed the LT and RDE out for regularly rated players to see how the edited LT and RDE would respond and....

I ACTUALLY SAW REAL LINE INTERACTION!!

I saw the edited LT actually HOLD the regular rated RDE and get called for holding. I didn't have to hit replay and it wasn't phantom. That patty cake animation was non-existant and the DE was actually able to disengage from the lineman without getting caught up in what I call the "dance around animation" where the DE is engaged to the OL and pushes/walks him all the way in the backfield but can't disengage b/c of the animation.

Then I watched as a regular rated OL went up against the edited RDE and watched him get pushed and tossed like a rag doll lol! I got pushed to the ground. He tried to do a spin move and just got pushed and driven right out of the play.

Stuff you SHOULD see in the game ANYWAY!!! Sad part about it is that with the edits down that low of course their overall was like 40. It's ridiculous that you have to do crazy stuff like that just to see "realism." I also edited the QB's accuracy by lowering it to "0" and he went something like 2-19 lol!!!
Exactly. Look at all of the stuff we find just by experimenting. We find things that should happen in the game by default. EA can't even come to the boards and explain why sliders don't work. They can't explain what ratings trigger certain animations. We have to figure that out on our own. It's sad man.

Your point is also taken on the overall rating issue. It's not a big deal to me, but the game uses overall ratings of players to decide which players get drafted, not to mention it plays a part in team rankings. So as you said once before these edits will have an negative effect on a team's Pro Potential pitch. It's ridiculous man. We know how to make the game better with edits, but so much emphasis is placed on a player's overall rating we can't use these changes in dynasty mode. It's really frustrating.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 2

My brother and I both played our game in online dynasty. His froze up at halftime, and mine froze up at the replays at the end of the game...
Old 10-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #99
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesixpac
My brother and I both played our game in online dynasty. His froze up at halftime, and mine froze up at the replays at the end of the game...
Wow. Unbelievable.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #100
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm debating trading this game in. $30 at Amazon is a good deal for a game I paid $45 for. Just not getting the play time anymore.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #101
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I'm debating trading this game in. $30 at Amazon is a good deal for a game I paid $45 for. Just not getting the play time anymore.
Same here, main reason I kept it was the uniform store, but it's just not working out for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #102
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I disagree with those who believe NCAA will be canceled any time soon. It may not be doing well with the sim crowd, but it still gets good enough sales #'s. You could argue that this years sales were down, but so was the entire industry.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 10-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #103
NiNja

Soonerfan14's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Wait a min. I can trade it in to amazon for 30 bucks? How do you do that?

Oklahoma Sooners
Dallas Cowboys

Madden 17 CFM's
Old 10-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #104
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I disagree with those who believe NCAA will be canceled any time soon. It may not be doing well with the sim crowd, but it still gets good enough sales #'s. You could argue that this years sales were down, but so was the entire industry.
i kind of thought it would go, in '14, the way madden went this year. big focus on playing online via the EA servers. aka online ccm.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »