Home

NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 1
Custom soundtracks, like The Show has.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #42
MVP

blklightning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K: Borrowing Good Ideas to Create A Better Game

I loved the Tony Bruno radio show. Would be cool if they did something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofworlds888
I presume two things. One make a deeper association by adding ticket prices, food prices, etc. Kinda like MVP Baseball 2005 did, a manager aspect to the association if you will

Also, ESPN interface like it used to have in 2k2-2k5. That would be sweet. Like EA has tried to do with their unrealeased NBA titles.
Pretty sure EA has exclusive rights to ESPN at the moment. A right that they love to waste.

3 points for graphics, 1 point for the passable commentary, and a half point for the boxart. I can give no further points since the all over the place gameplay would ruin it anyway.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #43
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

"Pre-Game, Halftime and Season Opening Shows (NFL 2K5, College Hoops 2K8 and Madden 13)"

Thanks you been sayin this for the past two years.Would love to see this added to the game esp in association mode.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
Actual NBA team intros with their music. No basketball game has done that yet. Came close when 2K11 did it with Jordan.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #45
MVP

ewingandoakley's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish that they would make their create a players better. They should have done it with MLB 2k also. MLB the show had an awesome create a player system from what I have seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Griffey Jr
Why should I stretch? Does a cheetah stretch before it chases its prey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Damon
I just go out and play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingandoakley
I wish that they would make their create a players better. They should have done it with MLB 2k also. MLB the show had an awesome create a player system from what I have seen.
I've spent 30 minutes creating My Player on The Show. There's a lot of haircut & facial hair options to mess with. I also like the fact that on The Show the commentators will say my first & last name while they're announcing the game. Where as 2K just says my last or my nickname.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
My Crib - NFL 2K5... that would be EPIC

Even could go based on salary (if they get rid of VC), and do like I believe Madden 07, 08 or 09 where you start off in a small apartment and as you work your way up, you get a condo, then a house. Would be fun for myplayer.

Oh and gameface - Madden 12

EDIT: Also, I think the first person cam would be extremely fun for myplayer, taking another page from ESPN NFL 2K5's camera where you were inside the player helmet.
I still have my copy of 2k5 and play it regularly, that first person mode is full of trippy fun. Nice court vision fun, would be funny if point guards saw more of the floor while big men saw less court vision.
Old 10-28-2012, 12:44 AM   #48
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruity
I still have my copy of 2k5 and play it regularly, that first person mode is full of trippy fun. Nice court vision fun, would be funny if point guards saw more of the floor while big men saw less court vision.
I should've stated in the original post, I think this mode would work especially well with my player. Giving you the complete feel, while I play on Turbo camera with the zoom and height to where it looks as if I'm actually on the floor, I think this could possibly be a lot of fun. In 2K5, it was hard for me to get the hang of it, being that I was so young and also in football there's so much you have to take into account, and so much you would have to do, I think with it being 2012 now, and NBA2K being not as complex as first person mode in NFL2K5 would be, I think it could be a nice small addition that could transition well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »