Home

NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Patch 1.02 Released, Details Included, Post Your Impressions Here (PS3, 360) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2012, 09:27 AM   #57

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K13 Patch Has Arrived, Post Your Impressions Here

Played one game in mycareer and what I noticed was the cpu doesnt push for fastbreaks as often anymore. Cherry picking was toned down alot by the cpu. Rebounding was improved, shotblocking and rebounding was more responsive for the user controlled player. Boxing out worked better. 3 pointers and overall shooting percentages were toned down. Again this was from 1 game, im not going into it looking for negatives though I just play and observe what happens. Also the cpu had a few reach in fouls called on them against me, that never happened before.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm glad to see that offensive rebounding has been addressed, but in my opinion, I felt that rebounding as a whole was broken. Players would get defensive rebounds when they weren't in position to do so, inorganically, they would have the ball fall to them in that scenario as well.

Those who have downloaded the patch, does that seem to fixed as well? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #59
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K13 Patch Arrives Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knickerbocker
Eh for those that say nothing changed they obviously expected the game to reinvent itself.

But to me a lot of key issues have been adressed: rebounding is better and more organic, defensive rotations are fixed to an extent and paint D is much much improved, fighting through screens is also better.

TBH those were the 4 things I had the biggest gripes with, so i'm quite happy with it.
Thats all I needed to hear...will test when I get home!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #60
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

Does anyone know if you have to restart your association to get the benefits of the patch?
Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

The Euro3pt glitch still in the game.. Y?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #62
Rookie

Gatorfan Frank's Arena

Re: NBA 2K13 Patch Arrives Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTigers2324
I got it too...I haven't gotten a chance to delve into gameplay really to see if anything is different, but one thing I KNOW they've fixed, because I was curious to see/sure it would be the first thing 2K addressed since it potentially costs them money, is the VC exploitation glitch a lot of guys were using to get like 10,000+ VC an hour. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w44JON0CJaQ)

No longer can you play a key game in MyCareer, save and exit the game, then reap the VC ad infinitum by quitting the game before it saves. This is absolutely HUGE for MyTeam players, because it should mitigate people from making superteams in the future.

Incidentally, I would bet money this is the reason that 2K kept the details of the patch under wraps...had they leaked that the glitch was being fixed, I think a lot of people would have rushed to stockpile as much VC as they could before the patch dropped.
People still play MyTeam? That mode was ruined from day 1 with the purchasable VC, especially when 2K had a glitch where 5,000 VC only cost as much XBL points as 2,000 VC. Now people just glitch the game to stock up up VC? How sad and pathetic.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 4

im still a 5'8'' pg being subbed in at any other position than pg.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #64
Rookie

Just playyed a MyCareer game. The rebounding is definitely better, cpu will still get some offensive rebounds but not at the same clip.

I think they didn't necessarily mess with the 3s but instead it seems like they may have messed with the shot release. At least for my player. Before I had to release late in his shot to hit with any consistency. When I tried that after the patch I missed. Now it seems like I can release like I did in 2k12 and hit, which is quicker than it was on 2k13 prior to patch.

Did anyone notice this? I'm not sure how to describe it, but it seems as if my player's acceleration has been tuned down. I played against westbrook and would normally get killed on a backdoor cut if I gambled in the passing lane, but I was able to recover because it seemed like he didn't accelerate as fast as he used to. Also happened to my guy, I couldn't accelerate as fast as I used to.

just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »