Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #865
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Something I really want to see improve in the series is the CPU's perfect execution and awareness on hard to judge plays. Here is an example of the CPU giving up on a fly ball way too early in anticipation to play the ball off the wall. No human player would give up on it that early. Also on foul balls that are very close to the stands, the CPU will not even move because it knows it is foul before the situation even develops.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM   #866
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Something I really want to see improve in the series is the CPU's perfect execution and awareness on hard to judge plays. Here is an example of the CPU giving up on a fly ball way too early in anticipation to play the ball off the wall. No human player would give up on it that early. Also on foul balls that are very close to the stands, the CPU will not even move because it knows it is foul before the situation even develops.

I'll talk to the devs for you.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #867
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I would like to see fewer dropped third strikes.

Agree there are too many I think.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #868
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Agree there are too many I think.
IMO more of a result on the player, dont swing problem fixed
Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #869
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksig24
Please give us a way to see how many pitches a pitcher has thrown when attempting to pinch hit for him in the later innings. There is nowhere to find this info.

I dont know how many times I will be checking an opposing pitchers pitch count and its up in the 120+ pitch range. This needs to be fixed for realism.

This is a fantastic idea and is really needed!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #870
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
IMO more of a result on the player, dont swing problem fixed
I see a lot of what could not be considered a wild pitch or a passed ball resulting in a dropped third strike. These aren't balls in the dirt either the comp or I swung at and missed.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #871
MVP

OVR: 3

I would like to see a throwing meter, similar to mlb 2k7. Just a meter and you let go when you fill it up. I'm terrible with the analog throwing, I make at least 1 throwing error a game from my SS and 2B because I can't push it directly to the right to make the throw. Lol.

Also, more accesory combinations. If you select long pants in the game, it's basically these incredibly tight pants that look really goofy. And there is Baggy pants. But many players were pants that are in between, not completely baggy and not skin tight.

And more skin colors with creating players. There's a different between dark skinned hispanic players and black players. Light skin hispanic players look the same as white players, when you have to use the 8 options from create a player.

And some classic teams. I just took the time to remake the 03 Marlins and would be nice if I could play the '03 Yankees, Cubs, or Giants and recreate those playoff series because they were great for the fans.

The option to take batting practice before franchise games would be amazing as well. You could have the announcers talk about the matchups while you hit. A couple fans in the crowd. How realistic would that be?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #872
Play With Integrity

HARTSTOPPER's Arena

OVR: 20

I know this is too far along in the process for implementation, but I love the way that EAs NHL has their online franchise scheduling set up. They give you a two week period worth of games to play, and the commissioner of the league then makes the determination on how long those two weeks would last (in our case it's a 4 day advance period for roughly 5-6 games each advance).

I would suggest this to ANY sporting game that has an online franchise mode. It opens up the game to more seasons within the year, and would keep people playing the game well up to the release of the next advance.

Now imagine if they somehow implemented franchise carry over into a future game as well. Not only would there be more seasons complete, but teams could carry their team they've built into the following season (also adding to sales numbers as well).

Just my input on what I would like to see for future iterations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »