Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM   #41
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: CES MLB Show 13 Video: Yankees vs Blue Jays

FreezeTime just confirmed (in the CES thread of his) no closed roof options this year. Oh well always next year. Still great game overall and a first day purchase. Just one small nuance that's not in that we can all live with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #42
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

First thing I would like to say is FINALLY JETER'S STANCE IS FIXED. I am one happy camper! Graphics coming out of the scorebug are incredible. Lighting does look touched up a bit as someone else pointed out.

Love the player walk up graphic and menu - they just look completely refreshing to look at. Ball phsyics look much improved as well, as we could have expected because they'll only continue to get better

With that said, Cano's stance doesn't look so bad to me.

What I can't believe is that no one is questioning Granderson's stance ...I mean, tell me what happened there. I don't care though, I'll just find his old one in the generic list at some point.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #43
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

It looks like team payrolls are more realistic this year. Hopefully, the individual player salaries are more in line with real life too.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #44
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
Yeah Grandy's stance is off. I think the reason Cano's jumped out to me is because it was wrong for a few years, then they finally fixed it either this year or last year, and now they've changed it again. I guess they did it because he moves less, but still, it's more off than just leaving it.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #45
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
First thing I would like to say is FINALLY JETER'S STANCE IS FIXED. I am one happy camper! Graphics coming out of the scorebug are incredible. Lighting does look touched up a bit as someone else pointed out.

Love the player walk up graphic and menu - they just look completely refreshing to look at. Ball phsyics look much improved as well, as we could have expected because they'll only continue to get better

With that said, Cano's stance doesn't look so bad to me.

What I can't believe is that no one is questioning Granderson's stance ...I mean, tell me what happened there. I don't care though, I'll just find his old one in the generic list at some point.
Grandy's stance is actually pretty close, it's just the angle that makes it look off. Cano's is awful, last year was close to perfect, Jeter's stance looks pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
FreezeTime just confirmed (in the CES thread of his) no closed roof options this year. Oh well always next year. Still great game overall and a first day purchase. Just one small nuance that's not in that we can all live with.
Too bad. Too me it's more than just a little graphic detail, it's a huge part of the immersion experience. As someone mentioned, will be funny to play WS in Toronto on a freezing 32F
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #47
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie12
Too bad. Too me it's more than just a little graphic detail, it's a huge part of the immersion experience. As someone mentioned, will be funny to play WS in Toronto on a freezing 32F
While I do agree with you and it it's a big piece missing and it's a "REAL LIFE" element this is just part of having limitations to a system and software. I'll keep digging in and hopefully it's something we will see next year. One thing I am having trouble grasping my head around is why they created 7 new MiLB and ST stadiums, but didn't work on this aspect of it? But like I said could be a memory issue with the PS3.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
While I do agree with you and it it's a big piece missing and it's a "REAL LIFE" element this is just part of having limitations to a system and software. I'll keep digging in and hopefully it's something we will see next year. One thing I am having trouble grasping my head around is why they created 7 new MiLB and ST stadiums, but didn't work on this aspect of it? But like I said could be a memory issue with the PS3.
Honestly I don't think they have space issue with a Bluray disc. PS3 internal memory I can understand if you want to animate the opening/closing of the roof. But what people are asking is a closed version of the dome that is loaded at game time like any other stadium.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »