Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB The Show 13 Video - New York Yankees vs. Toronto Blue Jays

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It has to do with the speed of the game, the Show runs on the faster side of things so the reaction time when it transitions to the field would hamper the user on making the play. There would have to be more CPU assistance then there is now. People do not like the amount of CPU assistance we currently have, so adding more would not please the masses. I am sure things could be changed on the design side to make it work but it comes down to priorities and there are more pressing issues.
i disagree 100%.
youd know where the ball is going though if you could see it. The way they have it now, you dont know where its going until it switches to fielding view.
thats a lame excuse.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #106
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I might be mistaken, but I think he alluded to having both numbers and bars in the game now in one of the threads here at some point.

I'm not a fan (in fact, I would have gone 100% in the other way and removed it all!) but I get that the broader audience wants it (I miss Kolbe's "F U" policy on the subject).
My thoughts exactly... If anyone's ever ventured into the forums of other games that use a numerical rating system, these are typical comments when ratings are released:

"Why is Kevin Durant a 95?!?!? He should be at least a 96!"

"Well if Michael Jordan is a 99, no one else should be over a 90..."

"Even though the rating system caps out at 99, Jordan is probably a 120 or something..."

At the expense of sounding hypocritical, If Dickey is a 98 or 99, what are the true ace pitchers rated? Are Verlander, Felix, and Kershaw in the 140-150 range? Because that's how much better they are than Dickey...
Old 01-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

I'm picturing Knight foaming at the mouth reading about the number attribute discussion again.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #108
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Does that jog anyone else's memory that might remember better?
I thought it was a running gag about Jayson Heyward's real picture not being in the game
Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #109
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
i disagree 100%.
youd know where the ball is going though if you could see it. The way they have it now, you dont know where its going until it switches to fielding view.
thats a lame excuse.
It's not really a "lame excuse". Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the idea is that for every split second the camera remains in the first angle (behind the pitcher or whatever), it takes away a split second at the following fielding view. Therefore, there is slightly less time to react when the camera switches to the fielding view, necessitating more CPU control so that the fielder's are moving at the crack of the bat.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #110
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter77
i disagree 100%.
thats a lame excuse.
You have every right to disagree but to call it a lame excuse is a little off base imo.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #111
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
It's not really a "lame excuse". Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the idea is that for every split second the camera remains in the first angle (behind the pitcher or whatever), it takes away a split second at the following fielding view. Therefore, there is slightly less time to react when the camera switches to the fielding view, necessitating more CPU control so that the fielder's are moving at the crack of the bat.
Using PYS as an example you can play that game with zero cpu fielding assist (by that I mean they won't move AT ALL unless you make them) and still get good jumps on a hit ball by seeing where it is going so that you can actually start moving your fielder before it even switches to fielding view. That said I do use assist when fielding but I know many that don't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
It has to do with the speed of the game, the Show runs on the faster side of things so the reaction time when it transitions to the field would hamper the user on making the play. There would have to be more CPU assistance then there is now. People do not like the amount of CPU assistance we currently have, so adding more would not please the masses. I am sure things could be changed on the design side to make it work but it comes down to priorities and there are more pressing issues.
Thanks for your explanation. Here's hoping that someday they will change it though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »