Home

MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #497
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show Fact Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I won't use either one... - I prefer to, leave the postseason as a reward exclusive to me completing a season of franchise mode. I agree though, Playoff Mode was absolutely the right choice.
if playable online, not even in the inaugural OS Classic?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #498
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I won't use either one... I prefer to leave the postseason as a reward exclusive to me completing a season of franchise mode. That way I have something big to look forward to. I agree though, Playoff Mode was absolutely the right choice.
Yeah but when Oct rolls around and such and such teams are in the real post season, Id like to be able to duplicate that and play too.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #499
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
if playable online, not even in the inaugural OS Classic?
Honestly I don't even know what that is
I'd guess it's like an online league or tournament or something though, in which case I'd definitely do that if I had the time.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #500
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwinkidink7
I love The Show bc of its realism. It seems like most of the people on this forum likes it for its realism as well. This makes me wonder why people are excited about the new throwing system! To my understanding it puts ALL throwing errors on the user. This is not realistic to me. Throwing errors are apart of the game, if i become (or anybody else) so good then there will never be a throwing error, regardless of the players skill. I'm actually surprised people are not complaining about this...If i misunderstood the throwing system let me know please.

I assume you are referring to the new button accuracy throw meter. If so, then you have misunderstood.

Much like the analog accuracy throw meter, the meter changes based on many factors including but not limited to: fielder attributes, throw distance, throw difficulty, etc. These changes make the difficulty of making an accurate throw dynamic. In addition, there is an overall fielding difficulty that will allow the feature to challenge a player's personal skill level with the meter as they become more adept.

Ultimately, this is just another option (without removing any of the old ones), and if you do not find it fun, merely selected a more suitable option.

Have fun!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #501
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Will we be able to play a season off line using 16 teams only?

scooter...BigKlu...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #502
Rookie

OVR: 4

New Push/Pull Hitting Trajectories Engine (PS3 & Vita) – New to MLB 13 The Show is our Push/Pull hitting trajectory tendencies engine. When you hit select during the pitcher-batter matchup, the in-game screen will show you if the current hitter is Extreme Pull, Pull Hitter, Balanced, Opposite field Hitter, or an Extreme Opposite field hitter.

Is this just an aid when we are pitching or does it have an influence when we are batting ie if our batter is extreme pull he will hit it there often even if we are late in timing?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #503
Rookie

JaySwizzlez's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLL84
WOW! Blown away!
Love the depth chart in Franchise. It may be a small addition but from my experience I know its going to be helpful.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #504
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
New Push/Pull Hitting Trajectories Engine (PS3 & Vita) – New to MLB 13 The Show is our Push/Pull hitting trajectory tendencies engine. When you hit select during the pitcher-batter matchup, the in-game screen will show you if the current hitter is Extreme Pull, Pull Hitter, Balanced, Opposite field Hitter, or an Extreme Opposite field hitter.

Is this just an aid when we are pitching or does it have an influence when we are batting ie if our batter is extreme pull he will hit it there often even if we are late in timing?
This was already explained somewhere by a dev but I certainly don't expect anyone to read all five thousand pages of this thread, so I'll summarize.

The tendencies effect where the ball is hit even when the batter is controlled by a human. It does not completely override physics and logic, but it is factored into the dice roll, so that the window for pull hits is slightly larger for a pull hitter, and everything else is shifted accordingly.

If you are perfectly on time, instead of being hit directly up the middle, the ball is likely to be pulled. If you are extremely late with a pull hitter, though, the ball will still be hit the other way. I guess one way to look at it is that the timing window is expanded (like the timing slider) but only for that particular section of hits. So for pull and extreme pull hitters, the pull timing window is expanded, and the push timing window is smaller, but still there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »