Home

MLB 13 The Show on PS Vita Will Be Missing Much of the Postseason Mode Audio

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show on PS Vita Will Be Missing Much of the Postseason Mode Audio within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2013, 09:30 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 13 The Show on PS Vita Will Be Missing Much of the Postseason Mode Audio

According to Samit Sarkar of Polygon, MLB 13 The Show for the PS Vita will be missing much of the Postseason Mode audio, due to its large file size.

Quote:
One of MLB 13's major new features is Postseason Mode, which lets people play through a customizable playoff bracket. It includes numerous presentation elements that differentiate postseason games from regular-season games, including graphical overlays, different camera angles, new cutscenes and playoff-specific commentary.

All those features, especially the audio, take up a lot of storage. According to Sony San Diego community manager Ramone Russell, a PS Vita game can be no larger than 3 GB or so, whereas MLB 13 on PS3 boasts 6 GB of audio just from Postseason Mode.

"We could fill up the [cartridge] with audio alone and still have three gigs left over," Russell told Polygon. So while Postseason Mode is available in the Vita version, much of its distinctive audio had to be cut.
Platform: PS Vita / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show on PS Vita missing some features because they 'won't fit'

i dont understand why Sony would create such a limited cartrage? I mean, they can create the proprietary 32GB memory cards, but they can't have an 8GB game?
Old 01-24-2013, 09:55 AM   #3
Rookie

Number2DJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Glad I'll be getting the PS3 version, I'm sure the vita version will be fine, though.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

MLB The Show 12 was 2.8 GB. There are rumors the maximum size of VITA games right now is limited to 4 GB. The biggest game available for the VITA is Blazblue and its about 3.4 GB, so I guess it can be a bit bigger than 3 GB. But yea 6 GB for Postseason audio would be too much even if you compress it a lot, as it has been done with the commentary for The Show 12.

While I probably wont play the Postseason Mode anyways (same goes for Diamond Dynasty and Online Leauges), I guess once you reach the postseason in Franchise mode it will be lacking smth when compared with the PS3. I havent played any postseason games on my VITA but can somebody who has maybe tell how big the differences differences are btwn PS3 and VITA in that aspect and how the postseason presentation is on the VITA in general?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

I am not sure why sony limits the size of the Vita's memory card. They likely have a good reason for limiting it. Anyway, If I could every have the time when I am not traveling or on the go, I would have the PS3. I accept the limitations of the vita as what it is. I am very happy to have something that is made as close to the PS3 version as possible then not have nothing at all. I am sure the developers are getting the pieces of the overall PS3 game to make the vita version as complete and good as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #6
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: MLB 13 The Show on PS Vita Will Be Missing Much of the Postseason Mode Audio

Although this is disappointing, still a day one buy. I just hope they didn't add the easy mode to the Vita version instead of more playoff audio.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Does all of this presentation stuff apply to Franchise mode, if the team you are playing with reaches the playoffs? That would be pretty sweet if it does.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 13 The Show on PS Vita Will Be Missing Much of the Postseason Mode Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Does all of this presentation stuff apply to Franchise mode, if the team you are playing with reaches the playoffs? That would be pretty sweet if it does.
Yes it does

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »