Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #17
87%

ty5oke's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

The way SCEA set up beginner mode sounds like a really good teaching tool to new players of the Show. Hopefully this will help new players not get so frustrated when playing the game.

Operation Sports OOTP League
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #18
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

Great blog and everything sounds good. Also, that lighting in Boston
Games looks like it will play great and hopefully it does to reward the hard work put into it
Old 01-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

Harper's eye black is a thing of beauty.

Does anyone else find it weird that some of the players have pictures and others have virtual heads? I understand it changing after a trade, but it would be cool if to start out everyone had their own pictures.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #20
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

I love The Show and all the new enhancements. I do hope that it is not harder to K the cpu with the increased timing window.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
MLB The Show Designer

Lorne_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Harper's eye black is a thing of beauty.

Does anyone else find it weird that some of the players have pictures and others have virtual heads? I understand it changing after a trade, but it would be cool if to start out everyone had their own pictures.
This is video footage from an old build. Most players will have real pics as their mugshots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #22
Rookie

csura999's Arena

OVR: 2

The new hitting system with the pull, push, and balanced looks really nicely implemented. The new ball physics system looks terrific.

I've noticed many new batting stances as well! Braun's new stance isn't finally open, but now closed. Longoria as previously noted is changed now. Carlos Gonzalez, Bautista, and Ortiz were among others whom I noticed have new, updated batting stances this year.

Game looks great, and I can't wait until March 5th!
Old 01-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #23
MVP

Baseballking888's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne_SCEA
This is video footage from an old build. Most players will have real pics as their mugshots.
This might be a stupid question to ask, but did most players receive new mugshots this year or is it only for players who switched teams during the offseason and rookies and such? Just curious.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:50 PM   #24
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

I really hope the push pull system pans, out it could really give each player a different feel when batting and pitching.

Opinions on any of the new stances shown? That's always the first thing I look at with these videos that get released even if the builds might be old and the stances could have been updated, i.e. Kemp in a previous video.

Glad Longoria got a fixed stance, looks alright. Ortiz's stance looks, odd, I get what they were going for though. Glad they made Braun's stance more closed.

I really hope when the next console is upon us the batters in the game wont all grip the bat the same, so tightly and sometimes overly-rotated around the bad. I think it could change a lot about how the batters look in the game, even it was only like 3 options. Loose, normal, tight for batting grip it could make all the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »