Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

A glimpse of Carlos Gonzalez's stance, looks really nice and way better than the one he has now, one of my favorite players to draft in an online league but his stance sometimes turned me off a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: (PS Blog) Step Up to the Plate: MLB ’13 The Show Hitting Enhancements Detailed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
This is the site I was using to get HR data.

http://www.hittrackeronline.com/deta...47&type=hitter

Gonzalez is in 2012 a 33/11/56 HR hitter. In 2011 he was 41/11/48
He still technically hit most of his HRs to right field the last two years. But I don't know how the game will handle this. He is a weird case though since he hits most of his HRs to either left or right, few to center.

Also just noticed this watching the video again, but the Carlos Gonzalez glimpse looked pretty good, had a high leg kick. http://youtu.be/ochFV9Ym6dc?t=3m7s
Thanks for that link!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #67
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

I love everything about this years game, I just can't wait. All these new player models, new stances, new lighting, updated stadiums, ball physics, presentation. I loving the crap of reading everyone's impressions of blogs and post.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #68
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
I am strictly a zone batting player.

I am not here to scare anyone, these were my observations with the system on my end. As I said it made sense and felt natural when the CPU was up at bat. When I was up at bat I felt a little disconnect with it. I much rather it be this way as opposed to the system putting me on rails and force the hits based on how they hit IRL. Anyway there were other guys playing and I am sure they have their observations too.
I spent about four days out in front of pitches. Don't ask me! LOL!

Honestly Nemesis, I think you and I struggled probably the most at CD being consistently early; meaning we were pulling a lot of balls because we were supposed to.

Kirby told me that I would start to see all kind of hits once I got the hang of waiting back and settling myself down.

Suprisingly, not one mention in here of the estimated 0.40 BA increase on All-Star this year. That puts me at...

Hang on, gotta grab the old calculator...

.310! Whoa!

May have to take Chris' recommendation and give HOF a shake! Though, I'd imagine that estimate probably is more severe for those that really had a hard time catching up to pitches, and probably less so for those that could read pitches and still managed to suck (which is more like me, by the way).
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #69
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I spent about four days out in front of pitches. Don't ask me! LOL!

Honestly Nemesis, I think you and I struggled probably the most at CD being consistently early; meaning we were pulling a lot of balls because we were supposed to.

Kirby told me that I would start to see all kind of hits once I got the hang of waiting back and settling myself down.

Suprisingly, not one mention in here of the estimated 0.40 BA increase on All-Star this year. That puts me at...

Hang on, gotta grab the old calculator...

.310! Whoa!

May have to take Chris' recommendation and give HOF a shake! Though, I'd imagine that estimate probably is more severe for those that really had a hard time catching up to pitches, and probably less so for those that could read pitches and still managed to suck (which is more like me, by the way).
I've been dying to comment on this... but there's just not anything for me to say. I'm batting .250 in my franchise right now, but that's not on default sliders, thus I don't think it's fair to say, nor is it likely, that I'd be batting .290 in '13.

All I can really say is that I'm confident SCEA knows what they are doing, and that they didn't artificially inject PEDs into The Show. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the .40 is an overstatement, poor estimate, or simply a very broad generalization... because I just don't see it applying to veterans who had already adapted to their difficulty level.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:31 PM   #70
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I've been dying to comment on this... but there's just not anything for me to say. I'm batting .250 in my franchise right now, but that's not on default sliders, thus I don't think it's fair to say, nor is it likely, that I'd be batting .290 in '13.

All I can really say is that I'm confident SCEA knows what they are doing, and that they didn't artificially inject PEDs into The Show. And if I were a betting man, I'd bet that the .40 is an overstatement, poor estimate, or simply a very broad generalization... because I just don't see it applying to veterans who had already adapted to their difficulty level.
I tend to agree with this, to an extent. I've yet to write my hitting impressions post - in there I'll mention a game where I was 5 hit by Aroldis Chapman through 8 innings on a Default AS game - but otherwise, I have a feeling some OS members will either be raising difficulty this year (which is not necessarily a bad thing), or (the bad thing) have the dreded "caught between difficulty level" happen to them.

On the other end of this, however, a lot of you (if not most of you) will be thrilled.

I'll go into more detail when I have time.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

I heard ramone say you'll see more 13-9 and high scoring games. I hope youll still get pitching duels and balanced games a lot too. I like the idea of having more high scoring games, cuz there are a lot in real life, but only if you still have pitching duels and most games should be balanced (5-3) (6-4)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #72
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
This is painful!!!! I want this game yesterday
...great job Ramone
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78