Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM   #73
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdy24
I heard ramone say you'll see more 13-9 and high scoring games. I hope youll still get pitching duels and balanced games a lot too. I like the idea of having more high scoring games, cuz there are a lot in real life, but only if you still have pitching duels and most games should be balanced (5-3) (6-4)
There was actually a good mix of high scoring games, pitching duels, extra innings etc.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 1
everything looks very nice...only problem i had is when they showed adam dunn....us cellular field is still messed up. The wall behind the left field bleechers is still a plain gray wall like the textures were never added. It should be green and gray with brick pillars. the right field wall is right...left field is still wrong.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 3

Pretty incredible, my only complaint is that it doesn't come out until march. You scea guys gotta get on that. Shoot for like a December/January release
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 12:30 AM   #76
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

The outfield wall at Turner Field still looks bad. The wrong shade of blue and the wall looks like certain sections are jutting out, instead of being seamless.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turner.jpg (74.7 KB, 156 views)
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

I've gotta say, I'm really looking forward to beginner mode. Not a beginner by any means, but I did I struggle at hitting in 12, hopefully the new mode, plus the changes to the timing window will help me improve this year.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #78
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6
I really like beginner mode as well. Not that I need it but it could win over some friends of mine that thought it was too hard before.

On another note I'm a lighting guy, can any of the CD guys say if there were any changes made in that department?

Great blog!

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:45 AM   #79
Banned

CubsHOF's Arena

OVR: 6

Do we know how much the "wind" effect has been turned down? I was disappointed to read that wind will not effect how far a ball travels as it has in the past. I did not find there was much of an issue. I play most of my home games at Wrigley Field and as we all know the wind effects how the park plays dramatically, it is either a pitchers park or a hitters park. If the wind has been turned down dramatically it is really going to hurt the authenticity and quality of play unless a ballpark specific wind effect has been added for Wrigley. As someone whose been living and breathing "The Show 2013" this one could really hurt my franchise and I plan on playing every game of 2-3 seasons.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:08 AM   #80
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubsHOF
Do we know how much the "wind" effect has been turned down? I was disappointed to read that wind will not effect how far a ball travels as it has in the past. I did not find there was much of an issue. I play most of my home games at Wrigley Field and as we all know the wind effects how the park plays dramatically, it is either a pitchers park or a hitters park. If the wind has been turned down dramatically it is really going to hurt the authenticity and quality of play unless a ballpark specific wind effect has been added for Wrigley. As someone whose been living and breathing "The Show 2013" this one could really hurt my franchise and I plan on playing every game of 2-3 seasons.
I think you'll be fine... if anything the wind effect probably was a bit more pronounced than in real life in the past (I checked the number of HRs against wind direction in MLB 12... it probably was a bit too strong). If you want a stronger effect, there is a slider for it....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »