Home

MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 AM   #81
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video and Blog - Hitting Enhancements: Beginner Mode & More

What's up with the fake stadiums...Big C letter at Wrigley Field, last season Red Sox had the name Red Sox in bold letters center left field...

Why can't they just get them authentic and stop posting stuff that isn't really there...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 AM   #82
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Okay, some dude definitely worked on the grass this year. That Braun shot shows much much improved look to the grass imo. Am I imagining this because I don't think so?

Does nobody else care about this lol? That looks about as good as it can be on the PS3 without devoting the game to grass and lawnmowers. That is an idea if anybody is listening

Last edited by Unit303; 01-31-2013 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #83
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Just caught this on watching it again.

Marlins Park - i thought the colours had been fixed?

From the vid...

In reality...

Im hoping one of you CD guys or Ramone is going to chime in and say "old build, its been fixed, calm down PB"
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #84
Rookie

Unit303's Arena

OVR: 2

Hmm, yeah that one should be an easy peasy fix and I hope it is in for you Miami fans as that disparity is pretty large haha.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybirdy24
I heard ramone say you'll see more 13-9 and high scoring games. I hope youll still get pitching duels and balanced games a lot too. I like the idea of having more high scoring games, cuz there are a lot in real life, but only if you still have pitching duels and most games should be balanced (5-3) (6-4)
I am REALLY concerned this game will be too offensive. It seems when fans complain about any aspect of a game, developers go far the other way because balance is too hard to achieve. Baseball is a game of failure, fail 7 outta 10 times you are a hall of famer.

Thats why i love baseball and The Show, the challenge makes the game feel authentic. I really hope these new wider timing windows dont ruin the difficulty of hitting a baseball. The hitting needed tweaked, not made easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #86
Rookie

Number2DJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemmie
I am REALLY concerned this game will be too offensive. It seems when fans complain about any aspect of a game, developers go far the other way because balance is too hard to achieve. Baseball is a game of failure, fail 7 outta 10 times you are a hall of famer.

Thats why i love baseball and The Show, the challenge makes the game feel authentic. I really hope these new wider timing windows dont ruin the difficulty of hitting a baseball. The hitting needed tweaked, not made easy.
I really doubt '13 will be too offensive, and if it is, there are plenty of sliders to adjust.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #87
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Just caught this on watching it again.

Marlins Park - i thought the colours had been fixed?

From the vid...

In reality...

Im hoping one of you CD guys or Ramone is going to chime in and say "old build, its been fixed, calm down PB"

I'm sure on another video it appeared fixed. However I don't think it was quite as neon as that.

Maybe it's my TV but I feel colours in general need to be amped/ brightened up a bit.

Even the dirt looks way too dark.

Last edited by merchant1874; 01-31-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #88
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
The outfield wall at Turner Field still looks bad. The wrong shade of blue and the wall looks like certain sections are jutting out, instead of being seamless.
edit: sorry slab was referring to behind home plate. Not sure if that did get fixed now. I agree that the color is definitely off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
What's up with the fake stadiums...Big C letter at Wrigley Field, last season Red Sox had the name Red Sox in bold letters center left field...

Why can't they just get them authentic and stop posting stuff that isn't really there...
I actually just noticed that. Is that confirmed to be in the final game and if so is it planned to be added at Wrigley. I don't recall hearing about that. Also noticed that the scoreboard letter/numbers are still yellow and not white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wrigley C.JPG (15.6 KB, 146 views)

Last edited by MrOldboy; 01-31-2013 at 06:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »