Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-14-2013, 08:10 PM   #25
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Broadcast Presentation Blog

I hate you EA!!!

Here take my money!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #26
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Divot or anyone else that may know. What happens presentation wise when the featured pairing is you in your career vs a golfer that is not licensed to be in the game?

An example would be that you are tied atop the leaderboard alone with Phil, going into the final round. Do they even show the overlay, or do they put a dummy picture up for Phil or any that golfer in that situation?

This is an improvement though, so kudos to them for that. Just hope it really shows in career mode on a consistent basis.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Divot or anyone else that may know. What happens presentation wise when the featured pairing is you in your career vs a golfer that is not licensed to be in the game?

An example would be that you are tied atop the leaderboard alone with Phil, going into the final round. Do they even show the overlay, or do they put a dummy picture up for Phil or any that golfer in that situation?

This is an improvement though, so kudos to them for that. Just hope it really shows in career mode on a consistent basis.
From what I could gather, I think this featured pairing only applies to the play now mode and not the career mode. A one round tourney mode with AI leader board and all the tourney presentation elements has now replaced the standard Play now mode so you basically recreate playing the 4th round with all the bells and whistles.

So I assume you could play with or as a licensed golfer in the game only where you both are starting at even par and go thru that one round with the same broadcast tourney set up you would have in career. Its a good feature if you are playing with a couple of pals at home and want the glitz added of playing multi player for one round.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #28
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
From what I could gather, I think this featured pairing only applies to the play now mode and not the career mode. A one round tourney mode with AI leader board and all the tourney presentation elements has now replaced the standard Play now mode so you basically recreate playing the 4th round with all the bells and whistles.

So I assume you could play with or as a licensed golfer in the game only where you both are starting at even par and go thru that one round with the same broadcast tourney set up you would have in career. Its a good feature if you are playing with a couple of pals at home and want the glitz added of playing multi player for one round.
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Hope there is still a career mode blog coming up.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
Interesting, thanks for the reply. Hope there is still a career mode blog coming up.
I haven't heard much buzz concerning career mode yet. Probably this beefed up presentation and comprehensive stats will be the main improvement which is welcome considering how bland career mode has been the last few years. I'm hoping there is a season mode where you can play as a pro or use multiple CAGS in the same season but I'm not holding my breath on this one.

We do need a more involving dynamic in career mode where you start off as an amateur, play a full Nationwide schedule with standings and qualify properly and then hit the PGA tour, right now all we really get is play X number of events as an amateur and Nationwide tour and then move to the PGA tour regardless of how well you do.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by statum71
I said I was done with golf because of lack of TV presentation. Maybe I'll give this one a shot one last time.

I'm probably the biggest fan there is to TV-style presentation.
Nope I've got ya beat. All of my gamer friends know me as being the BIGGEST fan of TV style presentation in ANY sports game. I thrive on that stuff. The gameplay could be crap. As long as I feel like it's on TV I'm in heaven. NCAA Basketball 10 was a good example. Horrible game play and freezing issues, but I continued to play it due to the great TV style presentation.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #31
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Has there been any hints about a playoff being added for when you are tied after 4 rounds, or will the AI just give you the win regardless like it has for years now? This has been one of my biggest complaints for, what, 5 years now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #32
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
Has there been any hints about a playoff being added for when you are tied after 4 rounds, or will the AI just give you the win regardless like it has for years now? This has been one of my biggest complaints for, what, 5 years now.
Yes, there will be a playoff this year, albeitwith a bit of a playing blindly in parallel feel to it. You will play off against those with whom you are tied, but you won't know what they did on the playoff hole you're supposedly playing head-to-head on until after the hole. The leaderboard will show what each player scored on the playoff hole, and proceed accordingly. It takes the tactics out of playoff golf, but at least you aren't automatically annointed as champion in the event of a tie.

They said they could have let you see your opponent's shot tracers executing their shots in turn, but there was a fear that this could be construed to be using a "likeness" of the unlicensed players and they decided not to chance it. Really a shame, because at least the turn-based shot tracers would show you exactly what your opponent was doing... (sigh)

BTW, how does one get rid of the annoying pop up ad that appears in the upper right corner of the message list? I can't read half the top message because it overlaps the top three or four lines. It also laps over into my replies sometimes and I can't even see what I'm typing. There's no way to get rid of the friggin ads by clicking anywhere on them!!?? I'm at the end of my rope in frustration with this

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 02-18-2013 at 06:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »