Home

Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM   #153
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

This game is a lot of fun. If 2k can get the graphics to look better and fix some of the transition animations, this game would easily be rated in the mid to high 8. I love the fact that online is so smooth.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #154
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
This game is a lot of fun. If 2k can get the graphics to look better and fix some of the transition animations, this game would easily be rated in the mid to high 8. I love the fact that online is so smooth.
Yeah man, online is great. I'm glad that I was able to convince one of my friends to get it. We've been having some awesome games.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #155
Rookie

OVR: 2

Haven't played baseball on 360 since the first 2k came out. It never felt as fun a MVP when it came to playing a franchise.

Based on this thread, I gave it a shot today and I am really impressed. I had MVP and the old Xbox all dusted off this weekend but I'm glad I took a chance on a much maligned game over the years.

Looking forward to seeing some sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #156
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well my impression of this game is that it's the best it has been in over 3 years! I am a giant MLB The Show fan have been for years. However this year the show has taken a step back rather than a step forward since they only tweaked a few things and then took out some presentation stuff.... yes I said they took out some presentation stuff! So I decided to give 2k13 a try. The game is way better than it used to be. The batters actually work the count and starting pitchers have deep pitch counts. The presentation is top notch except for relivers. Not sure why they never really show relievers come into the game. The screen switchs to the pitcher and you notice it's a different one. That's kinda irritating but it's not a perfect game but neither is the other one. 2k13 will satisfy my presentation itch very well I think so if there are any other big presentation buffs this might do the job for you and still give you a darn good game of baseball!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #157
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Subs have always been my pet peeve in this game.

Why can't you get into the sub menu until you batter is up at the plate. You have to hear the announcers talk about him, see him standing at the plate and then you can finally bring in a pitch hitter leaving the announcers to catch up. It really takes away from all the other great presentation moments in the game.

Secondly, after you pitch hit for the pitcher, why oh why can't they ask you about a reliever before ever coming back from the 'commercial break'. It is ridiculous that you see your pitch hitter standing on the mound and then the coach coming out to sit him.

Those two elements would seem so simple to correct - as they are both just a matter of when a menu is displayed - that I cannot believe they have been like that for half a decade. Yeah, I think they at least automatically bring up the menu that you have a position player at P since the old days you had to manually make the change so that right there tells me it was a known issue. Why did they fix it so half heartedly!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #158

OVR: 34

I really am enjoying the online portion of this game. I don't know if it's because there aren't a lot of people playing but my matchups have been great and the connections are near perfect. I just had two great games tonight against random guys where I lost both games but were very enjoyable.

The batting and pitching for me is where it's at. I love working a pitcher deep into his pitch count and maybe getting him roughed up enough to score some runs toward the later innings. And on the flip side, the whole aspect of getting your bullpen ready when your guy is failing is great. The pitcher'batting in this game is just that good.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #159
MVP

OVR: 13

MLB 2K13 is good. Very good, actually.

I approach the game as I did High Heat Baseball. There are times it is ugly and awkward but the results at the end of the play are there. Hit variety is not what it could be, but I am seeing the proper number of singles, doubles, home runs, etc. And the pitcher/batter battles are absolutely fantastic.

The series is likely done. I can't imagine Take Two investing in a next-gen MLB game and it is too bad. If 2K13 had the same level of visuals of The Show or PYS, it would score in the high 8's. I'm convinced of it.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #160
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Posted this in the franchise thread, but will also post here...when in game I've been noticing the reliever for the other team throws either a fat pitch that I get a bomb or they throw a ball that is not even close to the plate. Any one else seeing that?

Speaking of pitching, I DO like how if I'm overly aggressive chasing pitches it feels like the computer will keep throwing out of the zone. Only once did I have a pitcher continuously throw a pitch I was having success with. As I spend more time with the game I become more interested in the action and the numbers of the game. Hopefully this effect will stay with me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »