Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-12-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-12-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-12-13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Steve Nash fully deserves defensive anchor now and Dwight Howard 3pts rating should be at least a 75. He's been draining threes at a high rate the last 25 games.
Dwight missed a dunk against Phoenix, so his dunking rating should be lowered to 50 I think. Let's vote...

Also, we should have a poll to finally settle the question "Does Lebron deserve to be a 99?". The majority should decide, right? I propose that your vote counts twice if you wear a Heat jersey.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #90
2K Sports Community Manager

LD2k's Arena

OVR: 24

@mango_prom Hear you loud and clear. I've personally had many discussions with the team regarding roster updates.

The notion that we "do not care about rosters" is simply not true. There is a lot of feedback and criticism, and within that, there are some great ideas by many people. I do my best to bring forward ideas with emphasis on roster updates to the team.

What can the title improve on? What can title evolve?

Making the product better in every regard is something our dev. team strives for.

Master of Operation Sports .gifs

Last edited by LD2k; 03-19-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
@mango_prom Hear you loud and clear. I've personally had many discussions with the team regarding roster updates.

The notion that we "do not care about rosters" is simply not true. There is a lot of feedback and criticism, and within that, there are some great ideas by many people. I do my best to bring forward ideas with emphasis on roster updates to the team.

What can the title improve on? What can title evolve?

Making the product better in every regard is something our dev. team strives for.
Yeah, don't want to hate on 2k devs, and I don't doubt they're passionate about their product. Even if we're "only" talking about video games, it's still some kind of an art, and you don't work in this industry only for the money I suppose.
So the whole "sim" thing is fun to talk about if you sit at home, but if I was actually working for 2k...in the end I'd have to explain why the company should spend money on "realism" if it doesn't necessarily translate to higher sales.

Reflecting reality might be important to me and some other fans, but we don't provide the budget you guys can use to develop a game, and in the end it's not about some artistic vision or creating the ultimate simulation, but simply about making more money selling the game than the company gave you to create it.
One example is the Jay-Z gimmick. It's pointless in terms of authenticity, but smart in terms of branding, and you can advertise this endorsement better than a Synergy Sports tag on the cover.

So a lot of the time it might simply be wrong to blame 2k devs for certain issues. But on the other hand, Gelabale is still not in, but Dwight and DWill have been updated...

Last edited by mango_prom; 03-19-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
The future looks bright. We're hearing the community.
Congrats, after months of complaining, wait months...

This has been going on for 3 years for crying out loud. If EA had a game out this wouldn't be the case.

I was 99% positive that 2K would go this route and look after all these months, they did it. A lot of people got fooled who thought 2K13 was the best next thing, everyone thought it was 2K11 all over again. Did we get fooled. No competition = slacking time for 2K.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:18 PM   #93
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMartin
Congrats, after months of complaining, wait months...

This has been going on for 3 years for crying out loud. If EA had a game out this wouldn't be the case.

I was 99% positive that 2K would go this route and look after all these months, they did it. A lot of people got fooled who thought 2K13 was the best next thing, everyone thought it was 2K11 all over again. Did we get fooled. No competition = slacking time for 2K.
I'm sorry, but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm not a fan of 2k's Rosters, but to say 2k13 is the product of 2k slacking is just foolish. 2k13 is a great game. Better than any other basketball game we've ever seen, as it should be.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #94
Pro

OVR: 11

It's not hard being the best when you are all alone.

I finally played a game again today, I had fun but it also annoyed me so much. I play 12 min quarters so the outcome is important. People warping into each other, shots not getting blocked when they hit an arm/elbow, so much nonsense going on...

2K has made a game in the past few years that's better than 2K13. I won't say which one.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #95
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
I'm sorry, but you guys are blowing this way out of proportion. I'm not a fan of 2k's Rosters, but to say 2k13 is the product of 2k slacking is just foolish. 2k13 is a great game. Better than any other basketball game we've ever seen, as it should be.
Your argument loses all credibility by the simple fact that Mickael Gelabale is still not in the game. Just go look at the minutes he is playing for the Wolves. That's one example, but I think he's the most glaring player missing from 2K13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #96
MVP

OVR: 0

& for whoever asked me... Yes I have sent numerous messages to the 2k insider about Larry Sanders with the stats to prove my point on why he deserves a ipgrade & defendive anchor, but of course no reply & no update.... If Larry Sanders was on the Lakers,Heat,Knicks he would be the best rated defensive big in 2k.. Prolly even get a 99block rating, lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »