Home

NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-12-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-12-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #97
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K13 Video - Roster Update Details (3-12-13)

.........Who?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #98
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
& for whoever asked me... Yes I have sent numerous messages to the 2k insider about Larry Sanders with the stats to prove my point on why he deserves a ipgrade & defendive anchor, but of course no reply & no update.... If Larry Sanders was on the Lakers,Heat,Knicks he would be the best rated defensive big in 2k.. Prolly even get a 99block rating, lol
Who is that barry slenders you're talking about?

Does he play for the heat? Is he Dwight Howard's cousin?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #99
MVP

OVR: 0

Your jokes are lame & not needed
Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #100
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Lol, sorry man :(
Old 03-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #101
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
@mango_prom Hear you loud and clear. I've personally had many discussions with the team regarding roster updates.

The notion that we "do not care about rosters" is simply not true. There is a lot of feedback and criticism, and within that, there are some great ideas by many people. I do my best to bring forward ideas with emphasis on roster updates to the team.

What can the title improve on? What can title evolve?

Making the product better in every regard is something our dev. team strives for.
Here's an idea. They should definitely bring back the 2K Insider blog and/or have a dedicated section that only addresses roster and accessory updates, and there SHOULD be 2-3 people who are ACTIVE in those services. Let's be real. Whoever those individuals are they, they WILL take a beating from the community, so they can't be thin-skinned.

Also, the development team should just merely create a ratings generator online tool that uses stats from nba.com/stats where users can just merely input the value(s) (i.e. 45% 3PT shooting for the past 15 games or Player X is at X rating, so the rating should be increased/decresed by X points), and the generator gives the user a final INDIVIDUAL rating. If the development team really want to make it robust tool, they could create it in a matter where it pulls current ratings from the 2K Share roster and users can adjust ratings online instead of from within the game. Plus, they can do side-by-side by comparisons of players with the online tool.

This tool should help eliminate those lame conversations/comments where people are like "Player X should have XX overall" or "His X rating should be this", but not providing any stats to justify the rating. However, for the tool to have meaningful purpose and use, the development team will have to completely overhaul the current ratings to reflect players' performances at the end of this season.

And to make one more suggestion...NO player should EVER have a 99 rating in any single category.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-20-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 12:50 PM   #102
MVP

Doesnt Kevin Love have 99 in rebounding?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »