Home

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressions within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #153
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

One more thing for those who are buying the game tomorrow, and this was advised by the devs today. Do not button mash when you are waiting for the next shot to load or try and play speed golf and button mashing this way. It has resulted in many people losing all the indicators (I'm talking wind, lie indicators, club selection and aiming arrow etc..) for your next shot and you will get basically a blank screen as to hit your shot and you are really playing blind. It's like sim mode taken to the extreme.

This will be patched but for now hit the button once and wait for the screen to load or risk turning into Helen Keller.

And I mentioned this before but put the aiming arrow for putting a good distance past the hole and it will seem more natural and the putt harder to control with speed.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #154
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Available Now For Season Ticket Subs, Post Your Impressio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
After finally getting my hands on early release, I can stop reading and starting seeing for myself what all the fuss is about. And it is just that. Fuss. While there is little excuse to have problems with a game that is sold (and bought religiously by many) every single year, neither of the two biggest bugs are game breaking.

Does the putting cam make you scratch your head and say "wtf is this"? Yes. But is THAT bad? No. Bad enough to; not buy until patched (which is ridiculous and another topic of its own), or cancel a pre order in disgust? No! I'm fairly certain this will be addressed and corrected via patch, whether tomorrow or in a whopping 2 weeks from now.

The scring bug. Completely maddening and mind boggling, yes. But something that can't or won't be fixed? No. Of course it will be fixed.

IMHO this is a truly wonderful game. Every game has bugs, and has deserving criticism. Every person buying the game is also entitled to their opinion and decision to buy. But let's also give credit where it's due. A lot was done to improve and I for 1 am enjoying TW 14 and am perfectly fine waiting for these 2 bugs to be squished.

/rant. Needed to counter all the "I'm canceling my pre-order posts "

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
2 steps forward, 4 steps back! How is a scoring issue not a gamebreaker in a golf game? Tiger won at Bay Hill today, but Justin Rose finished 2 strokes back. If they gave Rose the trophy, would that not be a serious issue lol?

And the putting is ridiculous, if I have a 50 foot putt and the biggest fear I have pulling the thumbstick back all the way and into the red, is hitting it 52 feet, where is the challenge or risk/reward factor in that???

Granted, the game does a lot right, but so did MVP baseball until we found out left handers couldn't hit home runs to right field!!! Many of us buy the game to play career mode, if that is broke, why would I not save my $60 or $70 and go back and play TW13. Don't get me wrong, when this is patched, I will buy it that day, but to say a gamebreaking bug is a "fuss" isn't accurate, it's a broken game!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #155
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
2 steps forward, 4 steps back! How is a scoring issue not a gamebreaker in a golf game? Tiger won at Bay Hill today, but Justin Rose finished 2 strokes back. If they gave Rose the trophy, would that not be a serious issue lol?

And the putting is ridiculous, if I have a 50 foot putt and the biggest fear I have pulling the thumbstick back all the way and into the red, is hitting it 52 feet, where is the challenge or risk/reward factor in that???

Granted, the game does a lot right, but so did MVP baseball until we found out left handers couldn't hit home runs to right field!!! Many of us buy the game to play career mode, if that is broke, why would I not save my $60 or $70 and go back and play TW13. Don't get me wrong, when this is patched, I will buy it that day, but to say a gamebreaking bug is a "fuss" isn't accurate, it's a broken game!!!!
Look I get it. How does a development team that's been doing this for DECADES mess up the scoring! The most basic fundamental math. Why do we warp to another realm when putting over 20 ft? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not arguing how asinine and inexcusable they are. But I'm confident they will be fixed. And when they are, then game will be pretty damn good since IMO the game play and difficulty and fun of the game is already there.

And I hate to break it to you, but your not "saving" any amount of money if you're just going to buy the game after its pitched. ..your still giving EA your money.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #156
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

And as much as I really want to buy this game tomorrow, why should I have to be worried about "work a rounds" when I play? I just don't understand why the consumer is responsible for making a $60 or $70 game playable out of the box!!!!

You want a work a round? Hows aboot you delay the game 2 weeks and fix what's broken? You will still sell 10 million copies! Or confirm these bugs and tell us a patch is under way? PGA Tour 93 didn't have a scoring bug! TW13 didn't either! Do RPG fans test these sports games? Don't mash buttons or markers disappear lmao! I'm fearful of what else will be found tomorrow at this point once everyone buys the game!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #157
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

Quote:
Look I get it. How does a development team that's been doing this for DECADES mess up the scoring! The most basic fundamental math. Why do we warp to another realm when putting over 20 ft? It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm not arguing how asinine and inexcusable they are. But I'm confident they will be fixed. And when they are, then game will be pretty damn good since IMO the game play and difficulty and fun of the game is already there.

And I hate to break it to you, but your not "saving" any amount of money if you're just going to buy the game after its pitched. ..your still giving EA your money.

I don't mind giving EA my money at all, they have done an incredible job improving all of their sports titles the last few years! What I mind is finding out the main aspect of golf, or the reason you play almost any sport, SCORING, is broken! I agree 100%, the game will be the best TW ever IMO once it is patched, just be responsible and let me know when that may be, or that it is planned!!!!
Old 03-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #158
MVP

Gerg04's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanfan23
And as much as I really want to buy this game tomorrow, why should I have to be worried about "work a rounds" when I play? I just don't understand why the consumer is responsible for making a $60 or $70 game playable out of the box!!!!

You want a work a round? Hows aboot you delay the game 2 weeks and fix what's broken? You will still sell 10 million copies! Or confirm these bugs and tell us a patch is under way? PGA Tour 93 didn't have a scoring bug! TW13 didn't either! Do RPG fans test these sports games? Don't mash buttons or markers disappear lmao! I'm fearful of what else will be found tomorrow at this point once everyone buys the game!
What are you going on about, work around? The eventual patch? I'm not disagreeing with you that the bugs that are present are egregious! Non-sense, terrible, unfathomable even! Sure they could've delayed it for 2 weeks theb endured even more of a back-lash. What's the difference if it's patch pre or post release? I'm not by any means letting EA off the hook, but it is what it is man. It will be fixed. You will give EA your money. You will enjoy it while at the same time being frustrated with certain things. And you will repeat the process next year!

And I say "you" as in: you,me you and every other person who purxhases these games as ENTERTAINMENT. This is not life or death, everything will be ok, promise.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #159
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

And I won't even lie, I'm butthurt right now, I've never looked this forward to a golf game before, and almost wish I didn't come on the forums and find out the issues that are present But for someone who loves Career Mode, it makes the game totally unplayable until it's fixed.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:14 PM   #160
Sports Game Junkie!!!

Jordanfan23's Arena

Quote:
What are you going on about, work around? The eventual patch? I'm not disagreeing with your the bugs that are present are egregious! Non-sense, terrible, unfathomable even! Sure they could've delayed it for 2 weeks and ensured even more of a back-lash. What's the difference if it's patch pre or post release? I'm not by any means letting EA off the hook, but it is what it is man. It will be fixed. You will give EA your money. You will enjoy it while at the same time being frustrated with certain things. And you will repeat the process next year! You = me you and every other person who purxhases these games as ENTERTAINMENT. This is not life or death, everything will be ok, promise.

Read the forums, use the search bro. Putting work a round, aim farther, scoring work a round, play only 1 round in a Tourney. While it's not life or death, it IS a problem EA has been plagued with in the past. The scoring thing is unforgivable. I love how you are SO confident it will all be magically fixed and done so quickly, do you know EA's history with patches and bug fixes man?

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »