Home

NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (3-23-13)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (3-23-13) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #49
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA 2K13 Roster Update Details (3-23-13)

How have they still not updated the Suns coach? Alvin Gentry was fired 2 months ago!

Chelsea FC
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #50
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Why, is he playing for the Lakers now? I mean he's not even on the Nets or Clippers...are you sure this guy exists?

2k should finally admit that there's no insider at all. They've edited 12 players in March, 19 in February. 31 edits in 2 months...still they're telling us that a "team" is working on rosters...are we really supposed to be that stupid?
Pathetic.

Something has to change.

But don't worry! When Dwight Howard takes off his headband and begins to wear shoulder braces, 2k gets that **** going the next day Because I'm more concerned about what an overrated cry baby is wearing on the court than how some of my favorite players in the NBA play on the game.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #51
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ2
Its because 2k recycles rosters. Most of the players just get imported year to year. Bogut was rated in the 70s every year in NBA 2k. The year he shattered his arm he was playing his best ball and got a 80 overall rating.

2k just imported Bogut for the last couple versions like they do with most of the players.

NBA 2k13 has 2010 Andrew Bogut. Thats why NBA 2k is a joke. The *roster* is a scam.
Fixed it for you. The game is amazing, the rosters are awful. Simple as that.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #52
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
Pathetic.

Something has to change.

But don't worry! When Dwight Howard takes off his headband and begins to wear shoulder braces, 2k gets that **** going the next day Because I'm more concerned about what an overrated cry baby is wearing on the court than how some of my favorite players in the NBA play on the game.
You know, we should have, "2K's roster of the Week," a vote on the best roster made for the week, and if its like a update like let's say an OS roster, that becomes an official roster for the week or until its updated/loses its win. Would be nice to have the community be the insider. Though it can be rigged... But with little chances. And people rate differently but it's just a thought on the forum...

A boy can dream right?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 11

2K needs to give up and just let us do the work. So they need to make the online experience better.

I know you can already upload rosters but they just need to make it better and bigger so we can go to work. (Also bring back downloadable slider sets).

Let us browse through weekly updates, maybe from specific groups for which you can sign up (OS forum) which everyone can download so you don't need to be registered to OS.

On OS we can create a section where you can discuss roster updates and also release the roster and I'm sure there are enough people willing to participate so we can get the most realistic roster possible every few days. I wouldn't mind helping.

We just need the tools.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #54
Just started!

OVR: 0
Anybody else having trouble using the new rosters in online association?
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 0

They should hire somebody new & make it so every wk 1 player from each team has a rating change, large or small, + or - ... That way 30 players will be edited each wk on Sunday morning (?) & 2k should post the changes on the 2k website & twitter.

Example
Player rating changes for the wk of 3-24-13 to 3-31-13
76ers -Jrue Holiday (87) recieved a +10 in passing, + 3 in 3pt
Bobcats-Byron Mullens recieved a - 6 in mid range, & + 8 in FT
Bucks-Larry Sanders recieved a + 8 in vert, + 3 in block
Etc
Etc
Magic-Tobias Harris + 4 in 3pt, + 7 in mid range, + 6 in OREB also added a arm sleeve

This way no nba 2k fans will feel like the team they like never gets any love from 2k. The small market teams that hardly get updates, the lesser known players,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2013, 10:25 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 2

Before we talk about weekly rating adjustments, 2k should first of all be able to add missing players to the game. After that, ratings have to be scaled in a realistic way, according to long term statistical averages instead of casual big market watching.

Let's see if 2k can at least get the basics done. If they manage to do this, what about some kind of form/rhythm system? You know, like the arrows in PES, where rosters retain the same basic ratings, but players can have bad/good form sometimes. Should be optional though, not forced like superpower sig skill right now.

But I like the idea of a form value slightly influencing player performance. For example using a scale from 0-10, where 5 is the average shape and differing values result in slight changes to ratings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »