Home

Ultimate Team Headed to NCAA Football 14

This is a discussion on Ultimate Team Headed to NCAA Football 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2013, 10:55 PM   #49
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ultimate Team Headed to NCAA Football 14

I'll try it just like I have with MUT, but sadly, I see this being something I forget about completely once I earn the achievements tied into this mode. IF, somehow they could/do use actual (past) players, having a ton of RG3s and Devin Hesters on the field may make things interesting, but I think my expectations for a college based ultimate team are unrealistic.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #50
Pro

jseward92's Arena

OVR: 14
Maybe they are preparing for the end? The players are going to win the lawsuit so they are just going all out and using real players? lol
Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #51
Rookie

MacDiiddy's Arena

OVR: 3

I would love to see the old "ultimate" and "classic" teams make a come back.

I always enjoyed going through the teams and seeing QB 1999, and trying to figure out who that was.

Just please, please, please do not make the focus of the game like they did Road to the Heisman. Add the teams for some fun and variety and leave it at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #52
Rookie

Scribe1980's Arena

OVR: 5
Location: The oldest minor league hockey town in North America
zzzzzz. the players are going to be fake anyway.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #53
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

How are they gonna do it if they can't use real college athletes? Maybe they'll do it like Diamond Dynasty with a lot of editable fake players and some college legends. Like you buy a pack and you receive a 5-star QB recruit or something (with like a 12 game contract which can only be renewed 4 times or something).
Old 04-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #54
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Confirmed, more news on it today.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/4/3/4178...mate-team-mode
Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
So... they are going to charge real $$ to "pay" for college kids to play on these ultimate teams when they are in the middle of a lawsuit? Sounds like a bad idea.

I'm up for the game mode, but the timing is strange.

I agree. Keller and O'Bannon's lawyers are going to take a close look at this feature, I bet. Ultimate Team is addicting. Once you get into it, you tend to overlook the flaws of the game, and focus on winning the games to increase points. Then you obsess over how you are going to use those points. Ultimate Team changed the way I approached FIFA. I predict a lot of NCAA people who generally obsess over OD and Teambuilder will get hooked on this. But those people will also rip it to shreds if it is poorly implemented.

I could see Ultimate Team being a part of the recruiting process. You open a pack as a recruiting class, for example. You could be required to have a certain amount of XP to sign a 5-star recruit. You may have to upgrade facilities, staff, assistant coaches, and equipment. The players you recruit will have to be of a certain style of offense or defense, or else your team chemistry or their stamina will suffer. There are a lot of possibilities here that could make Road To Glory forgotten.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ

I agree. Keller and O'Bannon's lawyers are going to take a close look at this feature, I bet. Ultimate Team is addicting. Once you get into it, you tend to overlook the flaws of the game, and focus on winning the games to increase points. Then you obsess over how you are going to use those points. Ultimate Team changed the way I approached FIFA. I predict a lot of NCAA people who generally obsess over OD and Teambuilder will get hooked on this. But those people will also rip it to shreds if it is poorly implemented.

I could see Ultimate Team being a part of the recruiting process. You open a pack as a recruiting class, for example. You could be required to have a certain amount of XP to sign a 5-star recruit. You may have to upgrade facilities, staff, assistant coaches, and equipment. The players you recruit will have to be of a certain style of offense or defense, or else your team chemistry or their stamina will suffer. There are a lot of possibilities here that could make Road To Glory forgotten.

I agree with you. For the people complaining about ultimate team, I would recommend giving it a shot. I'm not a offline guy. I love playing online but miss the RPG element of franchise (Online franchise does not cut it for me based on having to wait for everyone to ready up or scheduling times to play each other. Quick games is where it's at.) Building a team based on how your players fit your system and fit playing with each other is addicting. Football especially. I'm excited for this mode.

Last edited by johnnyg713; 04-03-2013 at 11:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »