Home

BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football

This is a discussion on BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #89
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Footb

I wasn't expecting a playoff option at all this year. This doesn't really bother me one bit. There are other aspects about the game I care about more than the implementation of a playoff system. As this isn't a deal breaker for me, I'm still going to buy the game come July. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #90
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: No Playoffs in NCAA 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
You think EA is going to implement an actual SELECTION COMMITTEE in their game to pick 4 teams? They'll use some sort of algorithm to pick them. Their BCS selection in the NCAA game is incorrect now anyway, so who really cares if it's correct this year? Use the BCS point system that's already in the game that's always screwing up for all I care. They don't have real Media members pick the Media poll in the game, but nobody seems to care about that. It doesn't have to be 100% accurate in the first year and nobody would care.
Man you know as well as I that if the playoff system wasn't working the way it should. These boards would be in an uproar. Their decision on not making playoff game is part NCAA decision. NCAA obviously didn't care bout the big east new name, but playoff system = money. They gonna want to make sure they have all pieces right.

This is no different than NFL saying they don't want tattoos on players.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #91
Rookie

GhostWriter99's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: BCS Will Continue as the Postseason Format For All Years of Dynasty in NCAA Footb

If this was next year and they said they weren't having the playoff in then I would be upset, but this year not so much, it can't be that big of a shock to anybody.

They can't even get the actual atmosphere of a Saturday in College Football right.
NCAA Basketball: Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Golf: Rory McIlroy
WWE: Cesaro
UFC: Cain Velasquez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #92
Rookie

C Spot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
Do you really think the NCAA would let them NOT include it?
The real question is if the playoff system will actually work correctly in 15 or will we have to wait until either a patch coming 3 months after release or all the way until 16 comes out for a working playoff system
Old 04-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #93
MVP

OVR: 9

everyone would agree even if they complained about an aspect of the playoff that a 90% accurate playoff is better than no playoff. while most of us arent surprised at this decision, it doesnt mean we cant voice our displeasure as pointless as it likely is.

1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, championship game afterwards between the winners. how exactly would they screw that up?

the 1 vs 4 matchup being incorrectly in the fiesta bowl rather than the orange bowl is pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things considering the no.3 and no.4 teams wont have a chance period of playing for the title year 2 of a dynasty. i doubt the ncaa cares either. what harm exactly would be done by taking the information we all know now and putting a playoff on the game? its not going to negatively effect next year's game or the 2014 college football playoff itself.

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 04-26-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #94
Rookie

BreaksoftheGame's Arena

OVR: 0
Innovation.....versus replication?

I am sorry but every iteration of NCAA football should have a mutliple options for postseason play. Including a march madness like 32 playoff!

Video games are supposed to provide some fun.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 0

EA's never replicated future dealings (conference moves, for example) until they actually happened. Sure it sucks but it's probably an NCAA verdict.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #96
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I have purchased NCAA like once or twice out of the last 5 years. So I've already hit my level of tolerance for what I fell are unacceptable upgrades from one year to the next.

Like many here I can't believe they are citing insufficient knowledge of the criteria. When you consider the current logic system they use to determine who makes it into the championship games has been so poor over... well since the game has been on this current gen. Don't know why the logic has become such a big deal. The computer just spits out 4 teams pretty much.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »