Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #185
MVP

Gman 18's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I sent Clint Oldenburg a tweet with the Charles pic and he replied. "Do you see that icon in the upper right corner?"

Hopefully this means it's been addressed. I know he hasn't been on the team long, but he doesn't realize that "icon in the upper right corner" in the past hasn't seemed to matter.
I know this doesn't have to do with gameplay but can you tell clint to tell the art team to give Charles long dreads in madden like irl? Thanx

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #186
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - Playbook: Run Free with Trey Wingo and Doug Martin

I think this site would be happier if no information was posted for Madden.

Every information that has been released is filled with multiple pages of nothing but bashing.

Anways, the video looked decent. It still has a ways to go but no big time complaints besides the moves need to be slowed down and tuned.

EDIT::

Also the video looks to have been sped up quite a bit. One big thing that need to change if they are allowing this moves, take out the hideous jump back move where the defender is laying on the ground before he even jumps back. Looks awful.

Last edited by TheBleedingRed21; 05-03-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #187
Rookie

Kingd803's Arena

OVR: 4

I thought they removed zig zag running? I saw running without foot planting in there.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #188
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I think this site would be happier if no information was posted for Madden.

Every information that has been released is filled with multiple pages of nothing but bashing.

Anways, the video looked decent. It still has a ways to go but no big time complaints besides the moves need to be slowed down and tuned.

EDIT::

Also the video looks to have been sped up quite a bit. One big thing that need to change if they are allowing this moves, take out the hideous jump back move where the defender is laying on the ground before he even jumps back. Looks awful.
I think so, at least as far as trailers go. We aren't even at E3 yet and people have already given up on Madden 25. What we are seeing, is footage that is probably 1-2 months old and is still being tuned and worked on as we speak. I understand EA's track record and I understand how things have gone in the past, but at this point(1st week of May) it is just as likely that these things have been fixed and tuned as it is that they won't be by the end of August. I can't tell everyone else what to do or how to feel, but personally I'm waiting until E3 hands on gameplay videos are out before I start to get too concerned about Madden 25.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #189
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
I thought they removed zig zag running? I saw running without foot planting in there.
Can you give a specific example?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #190
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

It's the fact that people have way to high expectations for realisim in a video game. This is the last year in this gen. Did people honestly believe that there was going to be some sort dramatic overhaul by now???
Old 05-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #191
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
It's the fact that people have way to high expectations for realisim in a video game. This is the last year in this gen. Did people honestly believe that there was going to be some sort dramatic overhaul by now???
Yeah most likely it will only be 3 months after it releases on 360/PS3 that it's released on PS4/Fusion,720?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #192
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Dorian made a great post about running mechanics and fundamentals compared to this trailer, but I think to make the most fair comparison,we should be using NFL footage not college, the games are played at different speeds. So here are some real examples of the same HB's featured in this trailer.

Jamaal Charles
Spoiler

Ray Rice
Spoiler

Chris Johnson
Spoiler

Doug Martin
Spoiler

Demarco Murray
Spoiler

Trent Richardson
Spoiler
A couple things I took away from your post man.
First, I watched each of these vids from start to finish, counted 2 "open field" spins - all the rest were off of contact, would like to see EA have more spins off of contact -
second I did not see one single "jump sideways juke" in any of those vids - NOT ONE, but Madden's entire juke world is built off "jump jukes" - I miss the R/L/R motion on the sticks that created a shoulder "shimmy" into a hard cut - you see that far more often in NFL games than the "jump juke" and when you do see it in the NFL it is more of a "side step" or "slide motion"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »