Home

First Look at NBA Live Xbox One

This is a discussion on First Look at NBA Live Xbox One within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 10
I think a lot of you saying the pics look bad are being a tad dramatic.
I personally don't think it looks bad, however a few issues:
The player models tooooo skinny. Still seeing weird hunch back guarding. And lastly, based off of that CG gameplay, animations don't look too different but I'll wait and see on that. Oh and the empty bench but again I'll just wait and see how things turn out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #26
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: First Look at NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHypeTellem
I think a lot of you saying the pics look bad are being a tad dramatic.
I personally don't think it looks bad, however a few issues:
The player models tooooo skinny. Still seeing weird hunch back guarding. And lastly, based off of that CG gameplay, animations don't look too different but I'll wait and see on that. Oh and the empty bench but again I'll just wait and see how things turn out.
well put. just don't know how some ppl can make a determination when they saw about 10 secs of game play
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #27
Rookie

NikeBlitz's Arena

OVR: 6

EA SPORTS NBA ‏@EASPORTSNBA 44 min
@CobraG7 @RazzzzAFC Nope, we'll only be on Xbox One & PS4.

Well it's official, no PS3 or 360 version ...
Old 05-21-2013, 07:20 PM   #28
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeTheBraves
This screenshot is beautiful! 2k graphics are always worse than EA's. CLEARLY there is a light shining on one side of his face CLEARLY he is making a facial expression while directing his offense and CLEARLY the jersey isnt painted on do you not see under his pit where the jersey comes off of his body. You guys are just too scared to play anything other than 2k.
I hope you're kidding, as there's only been one game to play for several years now!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:22 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 19
The big question is...

If these are shots that are to represent what Graphics will look like on the next consoles, this is not good considering EA has always had issues with player models and the rubbery look their skins seem to showcase compared to other games.

The visual upgrade of the Kyre shot compared to Live 8, 9, 10 is "VERY" much identical.

It seems that some folks have already set their minds to give EA a pass on the next consoles with excuses why even the Pre-Release info thus far doesn't seem to seperate that much from the current gen stuff we've seen.

I expected to be blown away by any visuals presented dealing with the next consoles.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 0
They is NO WAY IN THE WORLD Next Gen is going to look BAD!!!!!!!!!, Yes the first round of games may Not be what we think they should be for a Next Gen, but give it time....
Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 PM   #31
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I don't want to judge on way or the other yet. I was once more of a live fan than 2k which is insane to think of now. However, I HATE small player models, always have. I remember that NBA Live 2004 had huge player models and I loved it. Then the very next year they went back to small and I don't think there has been a better NBA Live since although 06 and 2010 were both pretty good.

Big Player Models EA. BIG PLAYER MODELS.

Still holding judgement though. 2k needs some competition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 33
EA & the NBA. Please stop. It's getting quite embarrassing. How can EA release pictures that wouldn't be well received on current gen consoles let alone next gen.
EA are usually great at getting people excited for their games, even if they often fall short of expectations. The only people I can see being excited by these screenshots are 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »