Home

Madden NFL Football Xbox One Ignite Engine Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL Football Xbox One Ignite Engine Screenshots within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #73
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL Football Xbox One Ignite Engine Screenshots

I'm sure it'll look nice. The last gen looked nice. But I need it to MOVE nice. To FEEL nice. Players need to have weight and life to their movements, not the same obviously cycling running animations that are so robotic and unnatural.

My ideal is something a bit more precise but very similar to the Assassin's Creed III running animation. It's cycling, but it's a long cycle and even minute alterations to the direction makes the run swivel and meander about.

And that kind of thing is noticeable even from gameplay vids, so I'll be eagerly waiting. I don't wanna have to completely skimp out on the next gen cycle again. I haven't bought a Madden game in 7 years.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #74
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

All this bickering over graphics is pointless unless the gameplay is improved. It's like owning a Ferrari with no engine, nice to look at but otherwise useless.

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 05-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #75
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
That's not true actually. The next gen graphics will be a lot closer to what we see on PC if not exactly what we see from most PC games.

NBA 2k13 on PC for example.

Full: http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/...g/13178333.jpg

I am pretty sure next-gen graphics will look way better than that, because console games are ported to PC, meaning that when the game gets to PC, its not even using all the graphical power of the PC because the game was made for consoles first and it's only so good it can look even when port to PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 12:52 AM   #76
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I am pretty sure next-gen graphics will look way better than that, because console games are ported to PC, meaning that when the game gets to PC, its not even using all the graphical power of the PC because the game was made for consoles first and it's only so good it can look even when port to PC.
One of the reasons PC games just look better is because you have a high resolution (that shot is 1600x900, not even that high, but still better than 720p) in a much smaller screen size. Many more pixels in a smaller amount of screen will always produce sharper images in comparison.

Not even the next gen consoles can really address this. They'll still lack the clarity and crisp nature of PC games. So some elements of that image they won't look better than. They will allow for many more polygons in models, better lighting, better textures than the current consoles, however I tend to believe you can only do so much on a large TV screen running a relatively low resolution. Consoles game will probably mostly benefit on next gen from having a frame rate increase than anything else.

Console gaming is in a bit of a hard place with resolutions - not even high end PC gaming hardware with multiple GPUs can comfortably play everything at a 4K level resolution, and of course 4K TVs are not common right now anyway. It might be a long while before consoles can game at 4K as the leap is pretty huge from 720/1080p. In the mean time graphics will suffer a bit of a technical lull as the limits of how great something at 1080p can look is reached, however once 4K gaming is ready, it will be a pretty big deal.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #77
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
One of the reasons PC games just look better is because you have a high resolution (that shot is 1600x900, not even that high, but still better than 720p) in a much smaller screen size. Many more pixels in a smaller amount of screen will always produce sharper images in comparison.

Not even the next gen consoles can really address this. They'll still lack the clarity and crisp nature of PC games. So some elements of that image they won't look better than. They will allow for many more polygons in models, better lighting, better textures than the current consoles, however I tend to believe you can only do so much on a large TV screen running a relatively low resolution. Consoles game will probably mostly benefit on next gen from having a frame rate increase than anything else.

Console gaming is in a bit of a hard place with resolutions - not even high end PC gaming hardware with multiple GPUs can comfortably play everything at a 4K level resolution, and of course 4K TVs are not common right now anyway. It might be a long while before consoles can game at 4K as the leap is pretty huge from 720/1080p. In the mean time graphics will suffer a bit of a technical lull as the limits of how great something at 1080p can look is reached, however once 4K gaming is ready, it will be a pretty big deal.
I rather sit on my sofa and play games on my large 60" plasma than be scrunched up playing games in a computer chair on a 20-27" screen, even if it's really high resolution.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #78
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteboSSK

Maybe its just me but outside of FIFA and especially for Madden and NBA Live/Elite the player models just always look like cartoon characters to me. They need to go for a more realistic look IMO.

They've been like that forever, thus it is reasonable to assume that's the style of model that EA wants. And that's something we will just have to accept.

Looks pretty close to the real thing to me?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:05 PM   #79

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
And that's a computer image.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:32 PM   #80
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I'm just so ready to see a real screenshot it's killing me.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »