Home

NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Video - LSU vs. Texas A&M

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Video - LSU vs. Texas A&M within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #313
Beat the Heat!

chi_hawks's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NCAA Football 14 Gameplay Video - LSU vs. Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
Well, to be fair it was only a minute and it was cut up so there isn't much to go by. The colors really pop and that's nice to see over what we've seen the last two years. I still have worries that the crowd noise is still messed up but again, this was a 1 minute teaser vid.

What concerns me is the lack of info.....last year the guys from EA were doing video podcasts where they were showing off what they had accomplished. I expected them to do the same given that they finally got to put the infinity engine in but so far there's been nothing. I don't want to read too much into how they've released info on the game this year but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The demo will tell the tale.
The crowd noise doesn't bother me one bit...I listen to music while I play anyway. But I get that people want more. The NBA Live 10 video shows that EA has the ability to not suck in this category.

Sort of agree on the info. The recruiting updates I really like. They aren't game changing but they are very much value added. Some people have blasted them (seems most have) but I thought they were pretty cool. However, core gameplay is the heart of any sports game. I can (and have) looked past most small issues if the core gameplay is solid. NCAA Football core gameplay over the last 5 years has been lacking. Line play especially. The gimicky features they add with each years new release (than subsequently get rid of or bail on) has really grown old.

I love college football though. When/if they can clean up line interactions, implement a real physics engine, and for god sakes, make the football smaller than a microwave oven, I'm very interested.

http://www.operationsports.com/chi_hawks/blog/
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #314
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4

*Dusts of PS2*

*Inserts NCAA 06*

*Has fun*
Old 06-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #315
Rookie

AlreadyKnoJ's Arena

Everything looks good to me (barring that horrible screen call + the way the defense reacted)...... But where is the infinity engine???? im confused???? it looks like scripted tackles all over again???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #316
Rookie

AlreadyKnoJ's Arena

yeah im also pissed about these crappy replay angles. Can we get to true to broadcast replay angles, something that actually makes you want to watch the replays???? smh Im no game designer but i dont think thats too much to ask!!!

And can we get the crowd to explode when their team scores??? jesus is that to hard to ask?? might just take my preorder and not buy the game smh..
Old 06-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #317
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlreadyKnoJ
Everything looks good to me (barring that horrible screen call + the way the defense reacted)...... But where is the infinity engine???? im confused???? it looks like scripted tackles all over again???
Watch the play before the screen pass.....after the runner goes down you'll see two guys' momentum (one A&M, one LSU) lead them to trip over the runner. It's there.

I think the best way to get a feel for the new engine will be by playing the game.....will have to wait for the demo for that.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #318
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
The crowd noise doesn't bother me one bit...I listen to music while I play anyway. But I get that people want more. The NBA Live 10 video shows that EA has the ability to not suck in this category.

Sort of agree on the info. The recruiting updates I really like. They aren't game changing but they are very much value added. Some people have blasted them (seems most have) but I thought they were pretty cool. However, core gameplay is the heart of any sports game. I can (and have) looked past most small issues if the core gameplay is solid. NCAA Football core gameplay over the last 5 years has been lacking. Line play especially. The gimicky features they add with each years new release (than subsequently get rid of or bail on) has really grown old.

I love college football though. When/if they can clean up line interactions, implement a real physics engine, and for god sakes, make the football smaller than a microwave oven, I'm very interested.
I'm with you on loving college football....the reason I harp on the crowd noise is that there's nothing like the college atmosphere and the crowd is a big part of that come game time.

If the EA guys read the forums here the one thing I would tell them is that you may see a lot of negativity here but that's because there are a lot of people who care about this franchise and want to be pre-ordering the game and playing it until carpal tunnel syndrome sets in.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #319
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

I saw Rice getting smashed 21-7 by FCS West. LOL Hope we can remove those teams I can't stand those FCS names.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #320
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

If this physics engine is done correctly, I am looking forward to finally being able to run power backs and not always have to rely on speed speed speed.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »