Home

NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

This is a discussion on NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

EA showed off a very limited NBA Live 14 trailer during their E3 press conference featuring Kyrie Irving of the Cleveland Cavaliers. The content within the NBA Live segment tends to indicate that EA is still focusing on the dribbling system it began to implement in NBA Elite, the since-cancelled NBA Title from EA. The technology is called bounceTek, but the jury is still out on how impressive it truly will be. It's likely we won't see much from NBA Live until we get much closer to release, as EA is likely wanting to keep much of the game under wraps to prevent any further PR fiascoes like the past several years.

If you can't view the video above, check it out on YouTube.

CONTROL THE COURT THIS FALL IN NBA LIVE 14

EA SPORTS unveiled today the first look at NBA LIVE 14 at the company’s E3 press conference, ushering in the future of basketball for the next generation. Exclusively for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, NBA LIVE 14 will launch this fall.

Powered by the EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, NBA LIVE 14 will deliver the ultimate on-the-court control. Utilizing its new BounceTek technology, NBA LIVE 14 will introduce a revolutionary new, physics-based dribbling system. Whether it’s Ricky Rubio’s crossover or Kyrie Irving’s devastating between the legs dribble, one-on-one matchups take on a whole new meaning by putting the creativity and control at the core of every move.

By utilizing the same data used by all 30 NBA teams, more than 70 unique statistics and tendencies will fuel every single player on the court. From the way they move, to the way they play, to the decisions they make, NBA LIVE player will evolve throughout the season with updates from every NBA game within one hour of a game’s final buzzer. Gamers will now have a new experience every time they pick-up the controller.

Stay tuned throughout the summer for more information as NBA LIVE 14 makes its return to the court.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: NBA LIVE 14 Trailer - E3 2013: Xbox One & PS4

EA got no game. That's all they got?
Old 06-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

I thought it looked pretty good. (I'll be the only one I'm sure.) I don't really like 2K so I'm really hoping they make at least a good game.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #4
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

While its not too bad, I was expecting a lot better player renderwise... outside of goofies..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 06-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Nba Live 14 looked real good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I thought it looked pretty good. (I'll be the only one I'm sure.) I don't really like 2K so I'm really hoping they make at least a good game.
I'm with you as well.

People are going to trash it because it's EA and they have a history and I totally understand and get that, and I certainly feel their frustration being a Live guy myself since I can remember.

Obviously, we'll have to take a wait and see approach to determine what was real in-game, and what was CGI, but you can't disagree that it didn't look 1000000 times better than what they showed at the Xbox One reveal, and to me it looked pretty damn good. Player models looked great, movement looked natural and the arena crowed looked lifelike. ****, at least it's better than nothing, which is what we've gotten for the last 2 years.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 32

It looks okay, but graphics aren't the main question mark with this game. Watching closely.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #8
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Not much there to really assess sadly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »