Home

How EA Sports Plans to Capture Realism & Recreate the Experience with EA Sports UFC

This is a discussion on How EA Sports Plans to Capture Realism & Recreate the Experience with EA Sports UFC within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #1

OVR: 34
How EA Sports Plans to Capture Realism & Recreate the Experience with EA Sports UFC

EA Sports has posted a quick Q&A session with EA Sports UFC Creative Director, Brian Hayes. His past work includes Def Jam Vendetta, NBA Street Volume 3 and Fight Night Champion.

Listed below are some of the items of interest, but make sure you read the entire session, right here.

FYI: Some of you may receive an Authentication Required login box. Just hit the cancel button.

Capturing the realism.

Quote:
...It starts with our ability to scan each UFC fighter using our proprietary head capture system. There is no better way to capture the authentic likeness of an athlete. It uses 18 high definition cameras to capture the fighter’s head in full 360 degrees and that data is used directly in the creation of the fighters head in the game. We also do full body photo reference shoots and use that information in conjunction with a new Fighter Body customization tool that allows us to create a huge variety of different body types.

Recreating the UFC experience.

Quote:
...We aim to recreate the UFC PPV experience one hundred percent, from the music, to the graphics, to the announcers, everything. Watching a UFC event is very exciting and we want the game to be the same.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Capturing the Realism, Recreating the UFC Experience & More with EA Sports UFC

This game is very high on my radar. A very impressive showing at E3, even w/o any hands-on.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #3
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Capturing the Realism, Recreating the UFC Experience & More with EA Sports UFC

I wonder if they are going to have the separate commentary team? It would be nice to have the choice of having Rogan/Goldberg or Anik/Florian commentate your fights.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: How EA Sports Plans to Capture Realism & Recreate the Experience with EA Sports U

I know that a lot of people on OS hated Fight Night Champion but I really liked it so I'm happy to see that this team is working on UFC. There's a list of things that are in FNC that I would love to see in UFC:

• Customizable gear
  • Customizable walkouts with the ability to add your own music
  • a ton of different arenas
Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #5

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24
This game may literally be the game that pushes me into the next gen consoles.

None of the launch titles look too intriguing and I'm normally not a sports gamer (especially on consoles) but if EA pulls this off in a big way I'm there. It's their only next gen game as of this year that I have hope for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2013, 02:38 PM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: How EA Sports Plans to Capture Realism & Recreate the Experience with EA Sports U

I feel the fight night team is very solid and put together some engaging titles. I think they are a relatively safe bet to deliver a realisitic virtual MMA experience

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:43 PM   #7

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I know that a lot of people on OS hated Fight Night Champion but I really liked it so I'm happy to see that this team is working on UFC. There's a list of things that are in FNC that I would love to see in UFC:

• Customizable gear
  • Customizable walkouts with the ability to add your own music
  • a ton of different arenas
I still enjoy playing FNC. My biggest issue with the game is stamina and how a many punches can be taken/thrown.

If you play FNC, especially online, with realtime 3 minute rounds, your boxer will tire appropriately. You really have to watch your punch output.

This is my concern with the same devs and the UFC game. I just want them to pull off a real good stamina system. Obviously there are many things they will have to nail down but this is important.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 4

Talk is great - but I really just want to see some proof. Give us some gameplay videos and SHOW us that you're striving for a realistic experience. I've heard all the talk before - and it almost never means anything. Why can't they give us what really matters?

I also do think it's funny that the director of this project that plans to capture a realistic MMA experience is the guy who directed complete arcade sports games like Def Jam Vendetta and NBA Street; and that those are the games they list for him. Games that are on the exact opposite spectrum of realistic.

I think I'm being grumpy - it's just that they (EA Sports) talk so much and never actually back it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »