Home

NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Impressions Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #553
Just started!

OVR: 0
Played several games against the cpu, and a friend. CPU on Heisman is tough. Haven't seen to many weird issues, but refs made the wrong call on a pass play when the WR was clearly out of bounds. Game is fun, can still use improvements. Notice gray helmet cages, but once I started season play, an auto update put rosters and correct cage colors on teams.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #554
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

I buy the game every year, but I'm on the fence right now...hate this.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-09-2013, 11:21 AM   #555
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 14 Available For Season Ticket Subscribers, Post Your Impressions H

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
What...are you worried the OL chucking animation will takeover again???Or that they'll screw something else up???

The cpu can't handle certain dive plays without getting their butts driven back 4-5 yards....Watching Alabamas hogs get whipped like that is awful

The front 4 DL need to be able to hold their ground better.
Yes, block shedding never worked properly. I just loved it when my RB would get the ball and all the linemen would instantaneously shed their blocks at once.

Block shed was a joke and needed to be removed. I think you will be able to achieve the results you are looking for, as soon as the run block sliders are balanced appropriately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #556
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Im tired of hearing people use the sliders as there fix. If block shedding was broken before sliders adjustments then its broken online. For a company that's try to transition it's product fully to the online community the core gameplay needs to be fix out the box. Sliders should be made to customize the difficulty not fix the brokenness of a game. I feel like if you want to play NCAA be prepared to only play offline against the CPU

Sent From a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Tapatalk 4
"For me, winning isn't something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream." -Emmitt Smith
Old 07-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #557
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
Im tired of hearing people use the sliders as there fix. If block shedding was broken before sliders adjustments then its broken online. For a company that's try to transition it's product fully to the online community the core gameplay needs to be fix out the box. Sliders should be made to customize the difficulty not fix the brokenness of a game. I feel like if you want to play NCAA be prepared to only play offline against the CPU

I hear your point and I think it's a valid one. I personally rarely play online so sliders are fine with me. So I think it depends on your perspective and what you want to get out of the game.

BUT... if you're predominantly an online player then I absolutely see your point.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #558
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785

And that sucks considering where video games are headed. Me and my friends play each other exclusively online and I enjoy playing against other PEOPLE. Not a computer. Just something about knowing I've won a game against a real person that gets my adrenaline going.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #559
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj7298419
And that sucks considering where video games are headed. Me and my friends play each other exclusively online and I enjoy playing against other PEOPLE. Not a computer. Just something about knowing I've won a game against a real person that gets my adrenaline going.
Same here bro !! there is something about beating a human opponent that gets me going to ..It's the whole chess match part I love about playing a human opponent ..I go into playing these games knowing that there will be flaws here and there because it's absolutely impossible to emulate any real life sports game into a video game

I'm somebody who started playing these sports video games well over 30yrs. ago ...Soo I can appreciate how far they have come and I refuse to complain about much

People complain about bad defense in this game, but college football has become much more of an offensive game and I know for a fact !! that if this game was more geared to better defense as opposed to offense "EA sales would go down 50% and there would be even more people complaining on here"
Old 07-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #560
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddcatt
Same here bro !! there is something about beating a human opponent that gets me going to ..It's the whole chess match part I love about playing a human opponent ..I go into playing these games knowing that there will be flaws here and there because it's absolutely impossible to emulate any real life sports game into a video game

I'm somebody who started playing these sports video games well over 30yrs. ago ...Soo I can appreciate how far they have come and I refuse to complain about much

People complain about bad defense in this game, but college football has become much more of an offensive game and I know for a fact !! that if this game was more geared to better defense as opposed to offense "EA sales would go down 50% and there would be even more people complaining on here"
What sports video were you playing in 1983? Lol I kid
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »