Home

FIFA 14 Features 19 Officially Licensed Brazilian Clubs

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Features 19 Officially Licensed Brazilian Clubs within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: FIFA 14 Features 19 Officially Licensed Brazilian Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjac7
Editing and licenses aren't mutually exclusive - FIFA has a Creation Centre, but it's not very robust and yet still has a decent number of editors who participate - I'm guessing that upgrading that to something even on par with PES (aka just ok, not earth-shattering) wouldn't cost a ton relative to EA's spending power, and we can also still get the great licenses.
Well, I've been waiting more than a decade for EA to bring back their custom season and course creation tools in Tiger Woods, and their custom CPU playbooks and season edit options in Madden. So I'm pretty sure we ain't gonna see a robust editor in FIFA any time soon.

EA has always been anal about editing in their games. Even the few editing options they include have many restrictions, such as not being able to edit players' names, appearance, position, etc. And now they're taking that a step further; look at the mind-numbing editing restrictions they implemented with Madden 13 for example. This less-customization-is-more development vision of EA's is something I fear FIFA is going to experience as next-gen arrives.

It's why corporate mouthpieces like Rutter disgust me. Consumers want real and honest info. In contrast, look at how the Konami team is sharing their development vision and progress with consumers in the way of gameplay videos and weekly developer updates. But most of all gamers just want a FIFA game that FINALLY plays like football, and not the child's toy version of the sport EA releases each year. But what do we get instead? Some smiling spin doctor announcing the addition of even more licensed teams. Big whoop there Dave. Spoon-feeding pablum to the masses; there's nobody better at it than Rutter and EA.

Yet another year of the same old arcade FIFA with even more players and teams that play like exact clones of each other, even as EA continues to limit and restrict our ability to fix and repair their games via editing and customization. Yippee.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-18-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Building on what Yeats said I feel like the possibility exists that the lack of customization options may be a trade off of having the licenses. The developers may have the desire to add options for customizability but FIFA doesn't want their product being altered or portrayed in a way other than what it is. It reminds me of what happened with Gran Turismo 4 where Polyhony wanted to add deformation but the manufacturers didn't want their cars getting all beat up in-game. The result was that you could take a 130 mph lickin' and keep on tickin'. I'm not definitively saying this is the case, just that with an organization like FIFA it's possible.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Building on what Yeats said I feel like the possibility exists that the lack of customization options may be a trade off of having the licenses. The developers may have the desire to add options for customizability but FIFA doesn't want their product being altered or portrayed in a way other than what it is.
Nicely put... nicer than me anyway, ha! Makes sense, but it doesn't explain why EA has removed other customization options from their games over the years: course creation tools, custom season editing, and now with Madden (and soon with FIFA I fear) the inability to use custom rosters in career mode. There's no reason or rhyme for any of that.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-18-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
Pro

NightmareBooster's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
Nicely put... nicer than me anyway, ha! Makes sense, but it doesn't explain why EA has removed other customization options from their games over the years: course creation tools, custom season editing, and now with Madden (and soon with FIFA I fear) the inability to use custom rosters in career mode. There's no reason or rhyme for any of that.
Yeah, that's just them being *******s
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyfantastic
thats great but didnt they have about 10 licensed clubs last year? adding 4 clubs shouldnt be news
Last year we had

Corinthians
Atlético-MG
Cruzeiro
Grêmio
Palmeiras (my team 0
São Paulo
Santos
Flamengo
Vasco
Coritiba
Botafogo

Those are the ones i remember, i think Fluminense was, as well, although i'm not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 06:52 AM   #22
Banned

Profit89's Arena

Quote:
Well, I've been waiting more than a decade for EA to bring back their custom season and course creation tools in Tiger Woods, and their custom CPU playbooks and season edit options in Madden. So I'm pretty sure we ain't gonna see a robust editor in FIFA any time soon.

EA has always been anal about editing in their games. Even the few editing options they include have many restrictions, such as not being able to edit players' names, appearance, position, etc. And now they're taking that a step further; look at the mind-numbing editing restrictions they implemented with Madden 13 for example. This less-customization-is-more development vision of EA's is something I fear FIFA is going to experience as next-gen arrives.

It's why corporate mouthpieces like Rutter disgust me. Consumers want real and honest info. In contrast, look at how the Konami team is sharing their development vision and progress with consumers in the way of gameplay videos and weekly developer updates. But most of all gamers just want a FIFA game that FINALLY plays like football, and not the child's toy version of the sport EA releases each year. But what do we get instead? Some smiling spin doctor announcing the addition of even more licensed teams. Big whoop there Dave. Spoon-feeding pablum to the masses; there's nobody better at it than Rutter and EA.

Yet another year of the same old arcade FIFA with even more players and teams that play like exact clones of each other, even as EA continues to limit and restrict our ability to fix and repair their games via editing and customization. Yippee.
Great post.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
Great post.
Thanks, I know it sounds like I'm a bit too invested in the issue, heh. But the true is I made my peace with all this years ago. I haven't bought Madden or Tiger Woods in several years, and I only returned to FIFA two years ago after buying a gaming PC. For me, EA's games are unplayable without mods and massive edits, something that's at least possible on the PC.

More licensed teams, yay! There... back on topic.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-19-2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #24
Banned

Profit89's Arena

Quote:
Thanks, I know it sounds like I'm a bit too invested in the issue, heh. But the true is I made my peace with all this years ago. I haven't bought Madden or Tiger Woods in several years, and I only returned to FIFA two years ago after buying a gaming PC. For me, EA's games are unplayable without mods and massive edits, something that's at least possible on the PC.

More licensed teams, yay! There... back on topic.
Totally agree. Completely unplayable without Mods.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »