Home

FIFA 14 Features 19 Officially Licensed Brazilian Clubs

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Features 19 Officially Licensed Brazilian Clubs within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 10:14 AM   #25
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
I think if gamers actually experienced a game with Mods, they would never go back.

I think that's what, in large part, is responsible for EA's fear of PC gaming or any other open platform. They fear the community can do a far better job than them at making the game feel and play better. In this way, we are dependent on them for games that are, in reality, mere roster updates with new marketing buzzwords and catch phrases.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: FIFA 14 Features 19 Officially Licensed Brazilian Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
I'd say only a very small percentage of gamers ever use editing tools. Sports games these days are designed for the online gaming crowd given they make up the vast majority of consumers. EA understands the money is in developing online features, not offline additions like editing tools.
I agree to an extent, but the fact that a game like PES even still exists refute your opinion that only a 'small percentage' use editing tools.

The ability to edit teams/leagues/stadiums/etc in PES is why the game still survives frankly.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahernandez3
I agree to an extent, but the fact that a game like PES even still exists refute your opinion that only a 'small percentage' use editing tools.

The ability to edit teams/leagues/stadiums/etc in PES is why the game still survives frankly.
Maybe so, good point. That said, the number of gamers who even play PES anymore is substantially less than those who play FIFA. Have you for example ever compared Forum Viewing totals for both forums here at OS? It's always something like 30-1 in FIFA's favor. I just checked that now as a matter of fact: FIFA 32, PES 0. So that right there says something about peoples' level of interest in PES, and in having a game they can fully edit and customize.

I still say the vast majority gamers today aren't interested in offline editing; they buy games for the online experience, and to play with their favorite players and team. And of those who do play PES, I'd suggest most only bother to install someone's patch in order to have real teams and kits. And I suppose you could call that editing and using editing tools. But the truth is, if those same people could have real teams and kits in PES by default, they'd never bother patching or editing the game. Just checked again: FIFA 40, PES 1.

Last edited by Yeats; 07-22-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #28
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Any word on any new leagues?

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »