Home

NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pivots

This is a discussion on NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pivots within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
yeah, he said it caused too many loose pucks, and it took a lot of "fun" out of the game. the casual gamers win yet again! why this cant be an option to turn on or off is beyond me. i bet anything its on the disk and that they could turn it on via a tuner if they wanted to.

cant say it better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ist a shame EA......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 05:39 PM   #26
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 14 - True Performance Skating Improvements Add Defensive Strafing, Quicker Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki
There is a whole "attribute effect" slider that says otherwise.
Correct me if am wrong but that only applies to making players better or worse depending on what attributes they have.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
Correct me if am wrong but that only applies to making players better or worse depending on what attributes they have.
You got it.
I will agree that the poke check should be more responsive but it's effectiveness should soley be based on each players individual rating.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:22 AM   #28
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
You got it.
I will agree that the poke check should be more responsive but it's effectiveness should soley be based on each players individual rating.
Ok but it does not mean that just because something suppose to work in a certain way, it will actual work that way in the end.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
You got it.
THIS!
Lidstrom's poke check should be infinitely more accurate and effective than Jonathan Ericsson's.

But that just goes down to what I've been complaining about for years in that there is not nearly enough player separation in this game - especially on the CPU's end.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #30
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

I want the player separation on the cpu's end to be more like 2k's

Playing against melo,cp3 & griffin, heat, rose are always tough not that the cpu is "cheating" persay but the game cpu recognizes that its team has higher rated players that should play at a certain level and make them play that way.

If i have to kill a penalty against a Hossa, Toews, Kane line I better be gritting my teeth for every lose puck.

If my 3rd line tires out and Ovechkin is hopping on to the ice fresh I better be mindful how I pass in the neutral zone so that he does not cut of the pass and blow past everyone.

Quick better be damn near impossible to beat in the 3rd period. Using screens or fake shots to take him out of position should be my gameplan.

The way the game currently plays the elite dont stand out amongst the average and the weak might as well be average. Rarely do I have to change my gameplay against the stars even with slider adjustments to make things more realistic
Old 07-31-2013, 08:54 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
If i have to kill a penalty against a Hossa, Toews, Kane line I better be gritting my teeth for every lose puck.
Obviously, you didn't see Chicago's powerplay this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #32
Pro

Tsuki's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaFaction
Obviously, you didn't see Chicago's powerplay this year
Haha yes I know they struggled for some reason despite that monster line.

In game tho based on ratings this powerplay should be tough to defend against

but you get my point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »