Home

Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

This is a discussion on Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Ooooh - doesn't seem to have the game speed slider? Blast. Unless I've read this forum wrong.
All the vids seem a bit quick / arcade style
Old 06-25-2013, 11:46 PM   #50
MVP

MJHSpanda57's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition Gameplay Videos, Ships June 13th

So would buying RC2 be worth $60? I had RC1 and enjoyed it a pretty good bit but only paid around $20 for it.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #51
Community Manager - Sidhe

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Do you have a suggestion of how to reduce the frequency of the AI turning the ball over in rucks?
There are a few things you can try. The first is to contest the ruck. You can do this up until the point where the referee says 'leave it'. This is often how the AI steals it off you. Another is to try removing players from the ruck and then send them back in, or just keep them out to try and take the ball in defence. Also, be strategic with your binds. The lead on the game, Tyrone, made a Tyrone's Tips video for the first game, which covers off how the two bind types work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL0EJkoMHW8

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
This actually makes my decision not to buy Rugby Challenge 2 much easier. I was going to support the team, but if arcade gameplay is the focus, then ... I wish you guys luck.
Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #52

Pro tip: If you want to play with Team Lomu create a new player called Mike Flatt, and the game will unlock it.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

I've never played a rugby video game in my life having grown up in Canada but since moving to Europe last fall I've gotten really into learning more. What I'd like to know, seeing as how Rugby Challenge and RC2 are clearly the two best (only?) games whether there's a really good mod with squads for RC1 or if RC2 is better even without the ability to modify the game as was recently stated.
Opinions on this? Thanks!!
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 PM   #54
Kitten Mittens!!

thegut's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
I've never played a rugby video game in my life having grown up in Canada but since moving to Europe last fall I've gotten really into learning more. What I'd like to know, seeing as how Rugby Challenge and RC2 are clearly the two best (only?) games whether there's a really good mod with squads for RC1 or if RC2 is better even without the ability to modify the game as was recently stated.
If you are into Rugby League at all then I would suggest Rugby League Live 2 which IMO is a far superior game and sim of the sport. If you are only interested in Rugby Union then unfortunatly you are correct in that RC1 and 2 are pretty much it. I know RC 1 has some pretty decent mods for it on the PC but I'm not sure about RC2....since I already stopped playing it.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:16 PM   #55

Quote:
There are a number available for all three platforms. You can find them via our community forums at http://forums.sidhe.co.nz.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
If you want to learn about rugby, don't buy either game. Just watch it.

If you want to just play something resembling rugby then by all means buy it, I've been told it 'scratches that itch'(I think someone on here said that) and I think that was the case for the last one. But I won't be spending the money again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »