Home

Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up

This is a discussion on Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Foot planting. If the engine doesn't support it, then at least eliminate it as much as possible.

Fix the interior defense and contact shot system. This was 2k13's touted feature, and yet defenders are being slid out of the way of dunks more than ever. If there is concern about two man animations you can't control, then I say a good looking dunk-on animation you can't control is better than a bad looking, sliding dunk-on non-animation you can't control.

Fix unrealistic defensive recovery speeds, especially in zone or when defense has "momentum".

Fix zone in general to give it proper weaknesses.

Increase shot blocking and the ability to block an OCCASIONAL dunk.

Remove all exploits from online mode and set it at a realistic difficulty level. No more Lebron paint cheese, no more 1-3-1 zones all day, no more jerking back and forth and hitting a fading three with first sign of daylight.

Improve CPU awareness of player capabilities/stars in order to properly set defenses even before the game starts. CPU should be trying to play tight/throw doubles on deadeye shooters with good shot off dribble and ridiculous three point accuracy like Curry. It's too easy to light the CPU up for 7-10 threes every game even with slider tweaks, and realistic perimeter defense on Curry isn't possible without increasing sliders that break the rest of the game.

Work sig size ups and dribbling back in.

Adjust the post game. Some moves are too effective, making the other options worthless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #42
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up

- the passing game needs fewer bobbled/slow catch animations.

- better boxing out and less cheesy offensive rebounds where players get rebounds they have no business getting.

- make great shooters less overpowered - they can make too many contested jumpers and contact layups.

- more live ball physics. no more of that crap where guys can spin and dribble the ball THROUGH another player's body without getting it deflected.

- your CPU teammates needs to be better at moving to open areas to create a passing angle to get them the ball (off-ball bigs need to cut to the hoop when they have the opening, wing players need to find the open area on the perimeter...as of now they often drift behind defenders rather than staying open or moving to an open area).

- too many unstoppable dunk animations. you can be right in front of Lebron before he leaves the floor, but somehow he powers through you like you're not even there and gets the dunk - in real life there would be a collision where Lebron slams into the defender and is unable to even jump due to the large solid object (the defender) impeding his path...a player cannot jump forward with another player standing directly in front of him as he leaves the floor...first: because there would be no room for him to plant his foot...second: because physics would simply not allow him to continue moving forward at that rate with another human being in his way - please have realistic collision physics on dunk gathers. the player should not even be able to jump to attempt the dunk - it should just be a foul (if the defender is moving) or a charge (if the defender is not moving).

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-01-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #43
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Re: Which Fixes and Tweaks Are Needed For NBA 2K14? Post Them Now For 2K Team-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
The main issues with this game is the same I have with most other sports games. The CPU is omniscient. So the best thing they can do is add some kind of lag between the computer knowing something has happened and them acting on it. I mean, I'm throwing a quick pass in the lane to a player cutting to the basket. IRL, the defender is still recovering, he isn't going to automatically stick his hand out before the bounce pass actually BOUNCES OFF THE FLOOR.

But because the moment you press a button, the game knows about it (because, well, that's how the game can play the right animation for the milisecond), so the D's reaction is instantaneous. Drives me up the wall. The reason so many 3s get contested is because the computer knows you're kicking it out because it knows who the pass target is, where the target is in relation to each other, so you look at a situation where the ball and the double team defender arrive at almost the same time. Should have a tiny window to get the shot off. But nope.
I agree with this. The CPU defenders are way too fast at getting their hand up to tip passes. They're hands are faster than a human could possibly move...the point of the game is to mimmick human behavior...so there needs to be a "delay" to replicate the reaction time that is actually possible for a human being. I think 2k was trying to cut down on passes in the paint, so they went too far in the other direction and gave the CPU defenders superhuman precognition where they start putting their hand out as soon as you begin pressing the pass button...no human can react this quickly to a pass that is happening 1 or 2 feet in front of them. There's also the crap where they can spin like ninjas and deflect passes with their backs turned to the ball when they wouldn't even be able to know a pass was coming.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-01-2013 at 09:13 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:09 PM   #44
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman32

Cpu AI on offense: Players should know when to cut to the basket if open, or stay at the 3pt line. ie. Kendrick Perkins shouldn't fade near the 3 point line and stay there if his man is doubling me and the paint in wide open. Or Kevin martin shouldn't cut to the basket into the defense as soon as I pass him the ball when he's open at the 3 point line. Fix player tendencies and logic please!!!!
agree. 2k11 had this area of the game right...big men always used to cut to the hoop when their man left the lane open. 3 pt shooters used to stay put when they were open...but ever since 2k12 off-ball teammates started doing this weird crap.

Last edited by blues rocker; 08-01-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:25 PM   #45
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

correct the spacing. make star players play and move like themselves. fix the defense matchups. if I set the d to never leave Ray Allen then he should never help. Also the pick and roll defense needs proper hedging. Fix the difficulty level system. Hof should not mean I get decreased attributes and the cpu get increased. Oh and the big one, give me a behind view where I can see the whole floor on offense when in the corner. just a few quick ones to add if they haven't been already.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #46
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Oh and the big one, give me a behind view where I can see the whole floor on offense when in the corner.
I brought this issue up to someone at 2k and they said they would pass my complaint along. Hopefully they are finally able to get that camera issue fixed for 2k14.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #47
Just started!

OVR: 0
Please make dunks blockable
Old 08-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #48
Pro

yungsta404's Arena

OVR: 0

I thought LD2k said team up was just for promotional purposes which is why they invited mostly popular youtube commentators.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »