Home

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Features Undertaker and More For $99

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Features Undertaker and More For $99 within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #17
Rookie

Cubs4Life's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition Features Undertaker and More For $99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
So, you hate who he is outside of wrestling, because that's what that "gimmick" was.

He was out due to an injury and was going to retire from wrestling because of Owen Hart's death, and he told Vince he didn't want to be the "Deadman" anymore because of the death. He said the only way he wouldn't retire is if he could change his gimmick and they come up with.. Just be you.
I know I don't hate who he is outside the ring and I don't think anyone does. Just why couldn't he be called the American Bad *** or Mark Calaway? He didn't look like the Undertaker during that time so why ruin the mystique of The Undertaker by making him human as Biker Taker. If they wanted to do so he still could have been The Undertaker for Mania. Just one match dressed up as the real Undertaker for those Mania's. After all during the Biker years he has a shirt that said Deadman Inc. So he didn't wanna be the Deadman but still was considered that anyway. At least as the ABA or Mark he would be different. His finisher was the different anyways. He only pulled off the tombstone during Mania.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Missed opportunity to include a lifesize Yoshihiko doll and Yoshihiko match DVD.

For sure, that would've pushed their pre-order numbers over the top.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #19
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

You could probably just sell the autograph and recoup a lot of the extra money you'd be paying.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #20
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
So, you hate who he is outside of wrestling, because that's what that "gimmick" was.

He was out due to an injury and was going to retire from wrestling because of Owen Hart's death, and he told Vince he didn't want to be the "Deadman" anymore because of the death. He said the only way he wouldn't retire is if he could change his gimmick and they come up with.. Just be you.
No need to go on the offensive. I didn't know the back story of it, but it still doesn't change my opinion of it.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:18 AM   #21
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
As long as (and I'm sure it won't be) that's not his only attire (easily his stupidest gimmick, in my opinion; a total farce, really), I'm okay with this. I won't pay a penny for it, but I don't begrudge those who want to. I think more commemorative versions of games should come out.
Really? This is Yukes we're talking about here. I fully expect that to be his only attire. They're real good at pulling stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs4Life
I know I don't hate who he is outside the ring and I don't think anyone does. Just why couldn't he be called the American Bad *** or Mark Calaway? He didn't look like the Undertaker during that time so why ruin the mystique of The Undertaker by making him human as Biker Taker. If they wanted to do so he still could have been The Undertaker for Mania. Just one match dressed up as the real Undertaker for those Mania's. After all during the Biker years he has a shirt that said Deadman Inc. So he didn't wanna be the Deadman but still was considered that anyway. At least as the ABA or Mark he would be different. His finisher was the different anyways. He only pulled off the tombstone during Mania.
You realize that your argument there is pretty much the same thing for your whole premise? The "mystique" of the Undertaker would be ruined regardless the second he stepped through the curtain without the gong or the outfit. Whether he was Mark Calaway or not people were going to only see him as the Undertaker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #22
Rookie

Cubs4Life's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote: Orignally Posted by King_B_Mack You realize that your argument there is pretty much the same thing for your whole premise? The "mystique" of the Undertaker would be ruined regardless the second he stepped through the curtain without the gong or the outfit. Whether he was Mark Calaway or not people were going to only see him as the Undertaker.[/quote]

Not as much since he didn't dress like the Undertaker. People change gimmicks all the time. Mick Foley was Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack. Not much changed except his clothes but people weren't calling him Mankind when he was Dude or Jack. Sure you would have some in the beginning that would say hey that's The Undertaker, but he dressed up as a biker and didn't look or act like The Undertaker that we knew. He never sat up after a move. Chokeslams and big boots have been done by plenty of big men. The announcers wouldn't call him Deadman or any Taker reference. As time went on people would except him as the ABA or Mark until he would wear the Undertaker gear again.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #23
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs4Life
Not as much since he didn't dress like the Undertaker. People change gimmicks all the time. Mick Foley was Mankind, Dude Love, and Cactus Jack. Not much changed except his clothes but people weren't calling him Mankind when he was Dude or Jack. Sure you would have some in the beginning that would say hey that's The Undertaker, but he dressed up as a biker and didn't look or act like The Undertaker that we knew. He never sat up after a move. Chokeslams and big boots have been done by plenty of big men. The announcers wouldn't call him Deadman or any Taker reference. As time went on people would except him as the ABA or Mark until he would wear the Undertaker gear again.
Pretty much disagree with all this. Yes people change gimmicks all the time, but the Undertaker and that gimmick isn't 'people.' At the time he was already ten years into being the Undertaker, he was known for pretty much that gimmick and that gimmick only. Foley isn't a good example because people knew him from ECW and elsewhere as Cactus Jack. The Mankind character didn't have near the history that Undertaker did. Hell his gimmick was having the Three Faces of Foley. It's a stretch to say 'look how this worked out for Mankind, it'd work for Taker too.' The situations aren't the same. Trying to rename Mark just wouldn't have cut it. Nobody would have accepted that, I'm sorry.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #24
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
You could probably just sell the autograph and recoup a lot of the extra money you'd be paying.
I really don't think Taker would sign like 10,000+ autographs. I'm sure most of them will be auto sign by a machine. Then 2k will advertise as it been signed by the Taker. I could be wrong. But I got a strong feeling the photo will be auto sign by a machine. So the Photo and auto ain't worth the paper it is printed on. Again I could be wrong tho.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »