Home

WWE 2K14 Video - Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior

This is a discussion on WWE 2K14 Video - Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior within the Wrestling forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #9
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Hulk vs Warrior 2k14 gameplay

I've kept my expectations low. Everyone else should too considering the state of the game.

That said, I. Thought it looked good. Noticeably smoother and better sound. Love the little cut scenes.

I

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Old 09-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

This game looks great to me. I love the 80's era wrestlers. Oct 29 is so far away!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #11
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

They played the same match when they were talking with Ronnie2K and he said the match was on Normal difficulty and it was also obviously on the Quick match setting. They usually talk about Legend being easy, but this year for some reason when Bryan was talking about Legend he sounded like it may be harder because he was saying how "Die hard members of WWE gaming will like it", or something to that effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 01:50 AM   #12
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
I'm torn because I love the legends they have but it's too close to the PS4 release. Is the PS4 backwards compatible? Hopefully they continue adding more & more legends each year. They've used the Godfather/Kama in the past so hopefully they add Papa Shango in the future and then you have Warrior vs Shango/ Taker vs Shango. Rick Rudd, The Model + Tito Santana and then you can include Strike Force. Add Jannetty so with Michaels you get The Rockers. As much as I love the WWE today and want them to expand with the current roster/storylines, I love the nostalgia of the old guys because when we were kids in the Golden Era (80s-99) we wish we had a game like this. Those N64 games were great but they couldn't replicate the Warrior going into Warrior mode or some of the other moments they capture with the current systems.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:38 AM   #13
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

Re: WWE 2K14 Video - Hulk Hogan vs. The Ultimate Warrior

Really tempted to not get it this year. Mania mode looks cool and they have a great roster in terms of legends but I don't wanna shill out 89.99 Aussie Dollars for a game that is still broken outside the main game mode like 13 was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
Rookie

willz1985's Arena

Gameplay, sadly for me Isn't the priority here.

Much like WWE 13 the gameplay wasn't good but reliving the Attitude Era moments gave me the nostalgia I needed.

Again this year the gameplay looks like it's been slightly tweaked (with the reversals getting the improvements it desperately needed), but it's gonna be reliving the nostalgic memories from growing up as a kid watching wrestling.

I do love the little things they've done like adding the warrior's yellow IC belt to the game, really looking forward to seeing whether or not any of the other titles (I.E. Sgt Slaughter's Purple winged eagle belt he had at WM VII).

Now all I need is some sort of ECW era mode, which I know will probably never happen but you can always dream....
Old 09-02-2013, 07:47 AM   #15
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
That was very impressive for an AI vs AI match.

The first thing I noticed was that the physics looked nicer and the sounds of the guys hitting the mat were much-improved.

If every Wrestlemania match is like that then I'll be a very happy wrestling fan
Wasn't AI vs. AI, but I was very impressed by the gameplay itself and the Hogan AI.

Yankees: #AllRise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Really tempted to not get it this year. Mania mode looks cool and they have a great roster in terms of legends but I don't wanna shill out 89.99 Aussie Dollars for a game that is still broken outside the main game mode like 13 was.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Hey man I played it at the Vegas Expo and I can at least say the 2 counts are fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > Wrestling »