Home

Live 14 Producer Sean O'Brien Talks Expectations, Competition with 2K

This is a discussion on Live 14 Producer Sean O'Brien Talks Expectations, Competition with 2K within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #41
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Live 14 Producer Sean O'Brien Talks Expectations, Competition with 2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news-updates-gameplay/article/under-armour-elite-basketball

check out facial images of kyrie Irving in nba live 2014
Looks great, but it doesn't impress me until I see it in a game scenario.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 01:58 AM   #42
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Threads like these is why most veterans don't post anymore. We turned a complete Live 14 thread into a 2k is great thread.

First off this interview was about Live and what direction it will take going forth. I think overall Sean O'Brien is saying a lot without saying much.

They acknowledge the faults in previous games, of course by other developers but overall as an EA project. They have main focus points that will be selling points and he discusses those areas.

He's not saying that other features won't be there as well, but for right now the physics engine has improved and allow them to do things not only mechanically to the animations but also with incredible physics.

Also we already know the graphics will be much improved, because EA has never had an issue with thicker detailed graphics. But the new artist are definitely focusing on player face details...

The crossover and bouncetek demo with Kyrie in the gym looked smoothed and very impressive. I don't see why those physics would change with 5 on 5.

Remember the practice Gym in Live 06 through 08 and NCAA Basketball series. The animations didn't change in game, so why would this be any different. Use common sense instead of fanboy hatred for the series.

Live 10 even with less animations, was still a more fun game online and offline than 2k10.

The Dynamic DNA was great and also was Dynamic season, I know they will rename it and call it something different this year, as they've already spoken about Synergy returning with their stat overloads, etc.

From the minimum they shown us and the many interviews, I'm optimistic, but I won't doubt that it will be good. M25 and NCAA14 were pretty solid with they new engine. I can see basketball being just as smooth if not surpassing them on the Next Gen consoles.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 AM   #43
Pro

Detroitfan4life1993's Arena

OVR: 1
I will wait untill some actual gameplay from both games to see what I will do, I may end up giving live a chance for the first year of next gen.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:38 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
Been wavering on my XBO preorder. Pretty much waiting to see more of Live as it will be the system seller for me. Everything else I can suck up and play on my 360.
360 not that old yet.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 9

faces look great, but still nonw of that stuff shown was in game, 5-on-5 will decide for me, thats where ea struggles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I'm actually going to remove this game from my preorder for PS4 and wait for chatter on the internet about it, as well as 2K14 for it. I'll be off that day waiting for my delivery so I'll keep checking the net then see if I wanna run out that day and pickup either one or both.
I'm guessing (hoping) that there will be demos available to download on day one so we can try out the new engine and controls to see how the game plays. Either that or the marketplace will allow us a time-limited download to try out the game with a Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold subscription.

Either way, since I'm getting an Xbox One (the kids love the kinect) I can let you playstation folks try out the game for me first.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadlowe
I'm guessing (hoping) that there will be demos available to download on day one so we can try out the new engine and controls to see how the game plays. Either that or the marketplace will allow us a time-limited download to try out the game with a Playstation Plus or Xbox Gold subscription.

Either way, since I'm getting an Xbox One (the kids love the kinect) I can let you playstation folks try out the game for me first.
will gladly test it on playstation for you since i already got it pre-ordered on the ps4!
Old 09-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 8
I was with you BehindShadows, until this:

Live 10 even with less animations, was still a more fun game online and offline than 2k10.- WHAT???

From the minimum they shown us and the many interviews, I'm optimistic, but I won't doubt that it will be good. M25 and NCAA14 were pretty solid with they new engine. I can see basketball being just as smooth if not surpassing them on the Next Gen consoles. - MADDEN25 ENGINE ISN'T SOLID OR SMOOTH. BETTER THAN LAST YEAR'S FOR SURE, BUT NOT SOLID OR SMOOTH. I THINK YOU HAVE SOME EA FAN BOY IN YOU MAN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »