Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I think the claymation of live 08 and 09 and the bad player models and over shine of live 10 would disagree with you. Their best looking gen 3 games were also the worst in animation with live 06 and 07.

The screen shots look dope. If you notice there is a different haircut or at least different shapeup between the two pics. Since they are talking about updating accessories and haircuts maybe they were showing how minimal the differences can be ? IDK all I know is it looks good.

Also looking forward to EA's take on menus' It may seem small but I have always loved what they do with their logos in their menu's etc. Just having a fresh take on things means I'm getting live no matter what. Just to see what's new and fresh.
Good point.

I really was generalizing all EA games. Most of their games LOOK REALLY good. They don't always play as good as they look, but since next gen, I've been a fan of EA graphics over the basketball competion. Some versions were worse, but overall I'll give the PS3/360 graphics nod to EA. You're right about the animation of Live, but 2k graphics have a wierd comic book/cartoonish feel to them.

Combine 2K animation with EA textures and you'd have the perfect look and feel of basketball.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
I'm not saying that people shouldn't be wary. But they have stated that we will see footage before the end of summer. It's not the end of summer yet, and people are still speculating and writing it off. It's a new team, a new set of consoles that aren't even out yet, and we haven't seen any next-gen footage from the other side either. Madden went from Madden '05 on the XBox/PS2 to the disappointment of Madden '06 on the 360. What's to stop NBA 2k14 on the PS4/XBO from being just like that?

I'm simply asking: Why the double-standard?
It's really not that hard to understand, it's easier to trust someone who has put out a solid product year after year as opposed to someone who has been known to struggle and had to skip years due to having an unfinished product. And that's really a big leap to think because madden turned into such a disappointment on completely different consoles that somehow 2k will make the same mistake.

Especially seeing as how 2k released a gameplay vid of ingame pre alpha footage months back that people were raving about something that madden didn't do. Not to mention how devs are raving about how easy these new consoles are to develop for.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
What about 2k's next gen info and realtime 5vs5. It's sickening how biased os is to 2k.

Is 5vs5 really going to change anyone's biased opinions? 90% of us have already made our decision on games that aren't even out yet and i doubt 5vs5 will change that.

Can't wait for all the nit picking and hate when they do release gameplay.
The only bias for 2k is because we already know 2k's 5v5 will be solid at the minimum. It's been the best basketball game year to year for the last decade and the only year it may have been tied 2k's Mike Wang was at the helm of Live.

So worst case, next gen 2k will be a very good title enhanced with next gen graphics.

Live's worst case could be pretty bad. It's best case probably won't rival 2K's worst case this year but will be something to build on going forward.

Anyway, face scanning looks great. The models look a little plasticky compared to 2k but might also have more detail. What we need to see are the bodies, and so far the previews aren't impressive. Deandre Jordan doesn't look like Deandre Jordan. It looks like the actual dismembered head of Deandre Jordan sewed onto a sock puppet.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-10-2013 at 10:22 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #60
Rookie

k1lo5's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The only bias for 2k is because we already know 2k's 5v5 will be solid at the minimum. It's been the best basketball game year to year for the last decade and the only year it may have been tied 2k's Mike Wang was at the helm of Live.

So worst case, next gen 2k will be a very good title enhanced with next gen graphics.

Live's worst case could be pretty bad. It's best case probably won't rival 2K's worst case this year but will be something to build on going forward.

Anyway, face scanning looks great. The models look a little plasticky compared to 2k but might also have more detail. What we need to see are the bodies, and so far the previews aren't impressive. It looks like real people's heads stuck on a sock puppet.
Agree with you Sundown. Competition between Live and 2k will only benefit us the consumers. Let's hope Live comes out and is good.

PSN - ITR_K1LO5
Twitter - @nba2kluc
Old 09-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #61
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
So did EA. Hence the original post: Why is everyone up in arms over EA not releasing anything yet, but 2k gets a free pass?
2K already released next gen game engine footage 2 months ago. And what little there was looked phenomenal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #62
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggoku
It's really not that hard to understand, it's easier to trust someone who has put out a solid product year after year as opposed to someone who has been known to struggle and had to skip years due to having an unfinished product. And that's really a big leap to think because madden turned into such a disappointment on completely different consoles that somehow 2k will make the same mistake.

Especially seeing as how 2k released a gameplay vid of ingame pre alpha footage months back that people were raving about something that madden didn't do. Not to mention how devs are raving about how easy these new consoles are to develop for.
I think you're simplifying it a bit too much. Live has a new development team with a new lead, working with new technology in a new city. The truth of the matter is, we have no idea how the game will turn out. Until we see the game in action (5 vs. 5), all of our speculations are baseless.
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
I think you're simplifying it a bit too much. Live has a new development team with a new lead, working with new technology in a new city.
This was also true about their last two (non) releases.

And it was the focus on "new technology" over solid basketball that tanked the franchise.

EA and Live don't get a free pass in the minds of people just because they started over yet again. In fact that should be cause for concern. The monkey will be off their back only when they actually release a solid game. Until then all skepticism is completely justified.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #64
MVP

TUSS11's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
This was also true about their last two (non) releases.

And it was the focus on "new technology" over solid basketball that tanked the franchise.

EA and Live don't get a free pass in the minds of people just because they started over yet again. In fact that should be cause for concern. The monkey will be off their back only when they actually release a solid game. Until then all skepticism is completely justified.
Ahh, none of that stuff even matters. The only thing that matters is what EA brings to the table on release day. I don't even know what caused me to respond to his post. We could spend all day debating whether our optimism/pessimism is justifiable. But it would accomplish nothing.

I think I'll lay low until they give us something substantial to chew on. There's no point in worrying how others pass the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »