Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #65
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders

Live Kyrie in 2k...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

That doesn't even look like him. The face is all off. Looks like a create-a-player. No offense.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggoku
It's really not that hard to understand, it's easier to trust someone who has put out a solid product year after year as opposed to someone who has been known to struggle and had to skip years due to having an unfinished product. And that's really a big leap to think because madden turned into such a disappointment on completely different consoles that somehow 2k will make the same mistake.

Especially seeing as how 2k released a gameplay vid of ingame pre alpha footage months back that people were raving about something that madden didn't do. Not to mention how devs are raving about how easy these new consoles are to develop for.
I don't think you're understanding the question. No one is saying that EA doesn't have something to prove. What I am asking is why is everyone giving them such a hard time about not releasing info/footage before they said they would. Do you ask your boss why you haven't gotten your paycheck 2 weeks in advance?

Regarding the 2k "gameplay" video: That was not gameplay. That was a trailer using cut together footage. Every 2k trailer is like that. Yes, it was using the in-game engine, but it was not gameplay. By that logic, EA did the same thing with the Kyrie trailer.

People just need to stop speculating when there are still 2 weeks left before EA's self-imposed deadline to release footage. If September 23rd comes and we haven't seen anything, then we can worry about it.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #68
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
2K already released next gen game engine footage 2 months ago. And what little there was looked phenomenal.
EA released a trailer with Kyrie Irving. So what's the difference?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
EA released a trailer with Kyrie Irving. So what's the difference?
The Kyrie "demo" doesn't show the in-game rendering and animation engine and was just pre-generated renders that isn't representative of how the game will actually animate and look.

That's all the difference in the world.

Plus it looked significantly worse.

Seriously, what's more likely, that 2K's game looks more like their in-game engine trailer or Live's their pre-generated "demo" that's just an extended motion capture sequence rather than the actual interactive tech they're advertising?

Last edited by Sundown; 09-11-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #70
MVP

Yes, the finish and sheen on Live's characters are slightly plasticky. 2K's
skin reflections look slightly more
real and understated, but Live's
scanned heads carry a bit more detail. The mild plastic sheen in Live is nothing egregious but 2K's next gen trailer shows strikingly realistic skin reflections for bald players.

Both games should look good to great as far as heads go with different strengths. I'm personally a big fan of realistic lighting and reflections so I lean towards 2K as far as what they've shown goes.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #71
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
The Kyrie "demo" doesn't show the in-game rendering and animation engine and was just pre-generated renders that isn't representative of how the game will actually animate and look.

That's all the difference in the world.

Plus it looked significantly worse.

Seriously, what's more likely, that 2K's game looks more like their in-game engine trailer or Live's their pre-generated "demo" that's just an extended motion capture sequence rather than the actual interactive tech they're advertising?
Honestly, I know how 2k plays, and in my experience, it never plays as smooth as they make their trailers look.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Honestly, I know how 2k plays, and in my experience, it never plays as smooth as they make their trailers look.
I agree. But at least it plays and plays well. Elite/Live's trailers have looked terrible and played worse the last three years. I'm familiar enough with 2K's selective trailer edits to know how to translate what I see to what it will probably look and play like. I'm pretty satisfied if its basically 2K gameplay with much better next-gen models.

I'm also familiar with Live's tendency to use pregenerated renders in hopes of confusing people into thinking its representative of gameplay. The renders don't usually look that great and the actual gameplay usually looks worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »