Home

NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #73
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA Live 14 Screenshots - Kyrie Irving Facial Scan Renders

Quote:
Originally Posted by iverson_2k
That doesn't even look like him. The face is all off. Looks like a create-a-player. No offense.
Wait. So you're saying an actual SCAN OF HIS FACE, doesn't look like him? What has this world coming to. I snicker when people say mocapped animations don't look real. Granted, there is error in every process. That includes face scans and mocap. But good LORD, if those processes don't look good enough for you, not even the REAL Kyrie would seem to satisfy some of you.

The render looks great. I do question why they look different side by side. With that being said, I have 0% worry that Live will not look good. That has never really been the problem with Live in my opinion.

Nay sayers and fanboys all need to settle down. We still have NO answers to any of the questions that people care about. Until then, both sides have equal justification.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #74
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
Honestly, I know how 2k plays, and in my experience, it never plays as smooth as they make their trailers look.
You can say that about every single game that has ever been made.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:32 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Wait. So you're saying an actual SCAN OF HIS FACE, doesn't look like him? What has this world coming to. I snicker when people say mocapped animations don't look real. Granted, there is error in every process. That includes face scans and mocap. But good LORD, if those processes don't look good enough for you, not even the REAL Kyrie would seem to satisfy some of you.

The render looks great. I do question why they look different side by side. With that being said, I have 0% worry that Live will not look good. That has never really been the problem with Live in my opinion.

Nay sayers and fanboys all need to settle down. We still have NO answers to any of the questions that people care about. Until then, both sides have equal justification.
No, not that photo of his actual rendering of his face. I'm talking about the picture they guy posted on Kyrie in 2k when he's at the free throw line. It just looks like a create-a-player. The rendering that EA did is creepy actually. Makes me wonder what 5 years in the next gen cycle will look like.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #76
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
No, not that photo of his actual rendering of his face. I'm talking about the picture they guy posted on Kyrie in 2k when he's at the free throw line. It just looks like a create-a-player. The rendering that EA did is creepy actually. Makes me wonder what 5 years in the next gen cycle will look like.

No it was the scan taken from EA's kyrie and put into a current gen 2k13 on pc

with similar examples like

Remember these are just common modders using older tech
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

That Danny Granger looks good actually. Well EA did say that everyone who saw the game demo said it looked amazing. Wouldn't doubt if they looked better since that was early alpha.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #78
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
That Danny Granger looks good actually. Well EA did say that everyone who saw the game demo said it looked amazing. Wouldn't doubt if they looked better since that was early alpha.
Of course they did. Do you think folks (most of them professionals) would walk into EA's both and tell them that it sucks? They would do 1 of 3 things; say "Looks great!", say "Looks good", or say nothing at all. So, those kinds of statements are worth as much as an IGN preview.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #79
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Probably the same. Like I said - face scanning is as close as you can get.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #80
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
Live Kyrie in 2k...

It really does look like him in the first pic.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »