Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #201
MVP

OVR: 19
everyone knows that there would be graphics, animation improvements with next gen. what about game-play features and improvements?
Besides graphics what differentiates the current gen and next gen EA?
we need details?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 12:57 AM   #202
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Some people will just never be with what they have now in madden. People always complains about what madden should've had 5 years ago instead of focusing on what they have now

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
explain to us, what do they have now?
its been the same old same old, that's why people are so pessimistic
Old 10-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #203
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
explain to us, what do they have now?
its been the same old same old, that's why people are so pessimistic
From Madden 06 to Madden 25 current gen, there's a list for days of gameplay elements alone that have gotten better and added to the game along those years. At a point in time there was never any head tracking at all with DB's & they were all psychic. At a point in time cuts were simply the spinning of the ball carrier from 1 direction to the other. At a point in time you would get sucked into a block 3-4 yards out just so you couldn't make a play on the ball carrier. I could go on for hours.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #204
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
everyone knows that there would be graphics, animation improvements with next gen. what about game-play features and improvements?
Besides graphics what differentiates the current gen and next gen EA?
we need details?
The blocking system has been completely redone from the ground up with a former NFL Lineman at the helm, and the animations don't have to be as compressed as they are in current gen, so movements and animations should be seamless.

Those are just two of the things they've talked about since E3. I'm sure there's more still. Let's play the game first, before we jump off the cliff, folks.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:18 AM   #205
Rookie

OVR: 3
When are they gonna make a video that brags about ai behavior? Guys have been bragging about how great they make grass look real since Madden 12. We get it, you made the grass look real. Helmets are shiny, jerseys are fitted and move. Guys look like they look in real life while screaming. WOW! If my defense still won't react to a reciever running in front of him in his zone because he absolutely MUST cover what the play-art tells him to, I DON'T CARE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2013, 01:25 AM   #206
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
The blocking system has been completely redone from the ground up with a former NFL Lineman at the helm, and the animations don't have to be as compressed as they are in current gen, so movements and animations should be seamless.

Those are just two of the things they've talked about since E3. I'm sure there's more still. Let's play the game first, before we jump off the cliff, folks.
ok.
for me it's a wait and see. IMO the game has been very stagnant, so graphics isnt a selling point for me at this point in time.
OS'ers, for the most part, are a different breed of sports gamer'. WE need details not just flashy graphics. That could be the problem. EA is marketing to the casual masses, not the hard core gamer.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #207
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
From Madden 06 to Madden 25 current gen, there's a list for days of gameplay elements alone that have gotten better and added to the game along those years. At a point in time there was never any head tracking at all with DB's & they were all psychic. At a point in time cuts were simply the spinning of the ball carrier from 1 direction to the other. At a point in time you would get sucked into a block 3-4 yards out just so you couldn't make a play on the ball carrier. I could go on for hours.
point taken. Ive only got back into Madden the past 3 years. 12,13 and 25.
and I am 2k guy, who has been looking for a football fix similar to my experiences with 2k, or something that surpasses my experience with 2k.
IM also at the point where IM looking for hard core sim style. I want the entire package. other games can deliver this so I expect this from a football title also.
I want proper time management and TOP's, I want in game saves, I want to see players coming in and out of the game when I and the AI controlled teams switch packages etc. these things all effect time management. I want to see penalties properly implemented.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #208
Rookie

OVR: 3

They still don't move like human beings. It's hard to be impressed by lighting, textures, and details like that when the most important part of a football video game experience is still so poorly represented: 11 human beings violently clashing with 11 human beings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »