Home

Madden NFL 25 CoachGlass Video With Some Next-Gen Gameplay Too!

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 CoachGlass Video With Some Next-Gen Gameplay Too! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #113
Rookie

OVR: 0
From that video, it seems like a cool idea, but once again the developer is not familiar enough with football to create a truly realistic simulation. I coach football and no one would ever call it a "Halfback draw." Sure, that is nitpicking, but it shows that he's a video game guy and not a football guy. Why doesn't EA get more football guys to tell EA exactly what needs to be in the game, and then based on the resources they have, the video game programmers program that into the game?

2nd, I think part of the problem with the O-line/D-line and WR/DB interactions is not directly related to the animations. I think the issue is the player models they use. They are out of proportion and there is 0 dynamic movements in the body. Everything is so still all the time. For example, on a couple of those dolphins players, why the back plate on the jersey not moving? Why don't the shoulder pads compress and what not on tackles? On the replay they showed with the dolphins on defense from behind the defense camera angle, the defensive line warped into a canned animation engaging with the offensive line. There still is no emphasis on actual player movement and dynamic movement from either the O-line or D-line. Part of that are the player models they use that are not large enough for the playing field. There is TOO MUCH open space and so players must move artificially quickly than they would in real-life. This leads to warping and what not to create the proper timing on plays.

Say what you will about the graphics/lack of customization, etc., but EA's player models need to look a lot more like All-Pro Football 2K8's and with that kind of dynamic movement, or even backbreaker-type movements but with better player models. What made backbreaker so great and so difficult was that it was really hard to generate a good push in the run game, which is pretty realistic in terms of football.

Now, don't get me wrong, I understand that EA is the game in town and we aren't going to get another backbreaker or all-pro game anytime soon. But, I wish EA would change some things with their engine to ensure more realism.

Because people posting on here are absolutely correct. I could care less if the game had me played on painted cement, I don't care about blades of grass or how many mesh holes there are on Seattle's jerseys. I want to see dynamic MOVEMENT within the player's bodies and what is attached to them and dynamic PHYSICal interaction. When we clamor for real-time physics, this is what we are referring to, not just dynamic tackling interactions like in backbreaker.

This is highly disappointing for next-gen. Especially since EA has had much longer than a year to develop or build a new engine for next-gen.

So, EA would do well to first change the player models and their relation to the size of the field, they are too small right now. Or make the field smaller relatively. This would create much more realistic interactions just on it's own and we wouldn't need all the warping to create proper results. Then, I would just completely revamp the player models so that every movement on their body is dynamic. That would create different running animations without rendering them based on body-type and what not.

Then, from there, we can build. But, this blades of grass and how detailed the jerseys are business is literally MEANINGLESS to the consumer. All that stuff only matters to people with marketing degrees and shareholders. EA should go back to being privately traded. That would also help the consumers. But, now I'm getting off-topic, sorry, .
Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #114
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neily8
I'm not sure how many of the fans actually realize how bad this game is. After getting my hopes up thinking that they would somehow put together a decent game for the next generation consoles...I've lost all hope after seeing the last two promotional videos. The animations in this game are atrocious. There are feet sliding everywhere, the ball still looks like it pops into the quarterbacks hands, the running animations are so stiff and robotic it's mind boggling. The coaches on the sidelines are jokes. I have no doubt that I could do a better job than the art director/creative director on this project with my eyes closed. EA does not deserve the license any longer. 2K sports would've put out a game that looks better than this in the current console generation. Tiburon should be ashamed of putting out such **** year after year. But hey, at least they're focusing on the blades of grass looking good while the players feet just slide through it.
Well put, all i am hearing is blades of grass and the engagement of line play.I see blades of grass on current gen.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:59 AM   #115
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa D
Couldn't agree more..

Hey Tiburon we get it you guys are trying to make Madden look like Next Gen, only thing your missing is how it doesn't move like Next Gen!! It's funny how they are so focused on the fixing the Oline/Dline?? Almost like they can only work on one thing at time for a few years?? Really makes you think they don't really have the talent, that it would take them so long to work on one area?? There are so many things animation wise Madden is missing not just Oline/Dline! Try CB/WR, LB movement, running, QB animations, TE motions, players having their own signature movements, etc.. Come on, just because it looks pretty doesn't make it NEXT GEN! When will they realize this?? It has to move and play smooth! Look more realistic when players are moving, that's what makes it Next Gen! This Madden 25 likes like a PORT!?!
You hit the nail on the head with all your assessments. I totally agree
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #116
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden NFL 25 CoachGlass Video With Some Next-Gen Gameplay Too!

presentation seems unchanged....which is stunning.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #117
MVP

R9NALD9's Arena

OVR: 16
LMAO...where are the people that defended EA when me and a few other people on here said Madden 25 was going to be a huge dissapointment?

It was obvious with that first training video on IGN that the game is heading for a disaster...pre-alpha or not. I've been a pro evolution soccer fan for waaaay too long to know pre-alpha, 50% build etc. doesn't mean nearly as much as we want to believe.

It's clear Madden will never be sim, they don't cater for us because they don't want to. The big bucks is the mainstream gamer, not sim-heads like us. It sucks...I crave a good NFL game...Madden ain't cutting it anymore.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #118
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
presentation seems unchanged....which is stunning.
It is surprising to me too, and yet it isn't. It is still Madden 25.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 10-09-2013, 10:40 AM   #119
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
It is surprising to me too, and yet it isn't. It is still Madden 25.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free
I think that is where the surprise comes from.

As little as I think of Tiburon's capabilities, in my wildest dreams I never thought they'd mail in a current gen port. It is still speculation that it's a port, but I'm not seeing much evidence to the contrary.

I thought they'd do something new, and most likely fall flat on their face, but a port after 2yrs plus working on this game, and all the talent they supposedly poached from outside studios and what have you? Couldn't imagine it.

I have to wonder why they even bothered to have two different covers for the current and next gen games...

Last edited by Only1LT; 10-09-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #120
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

I wonder what they actually been doing for 2 years ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »