Home

Madden NFL 25 'Feel It' Gameplay Teaser (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 'Feel It' Gameplay Teaser (Next-Gen) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #41
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 25 'Feel It' Gameplay Teaser (Next-Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
just having some fun. I dont know why the cleat cut off. But if you look at the lighting there is a shadow underneath both feet which lead me to believe that at this moment of the screen shot both feet were intended to be off the ground. If you watch the beginning with AP jogging you will see the same thing. When his foot is "touching" the shadow extends from the from the foot. When it's "not touching" the shadow extends from underneath the foot. but i'm no shadow expert so I could be full of crap.
And thats exactly the problem. If you go back and look at the Seahawk part thats the closest the shadow ever gets to his foot. It never touches and clearly shows the whole time hes in his pat down that he's hovering. But you are right the AP video you can clearly see the shadow touching his foot and his foot appears to be set inside the grass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 39

All of these videos are specifically edited to hide flaws and focus on the flash/graphics. It's every single year - the trailers/teasers look pretty good, but the game is complete junk in comparison. You can just tell by the way they only show the game zoomed in and either set super slow or sped up - nothing in real time or from an actual camera.

Don't fall for it. You've already seen the gameplay in the "Madden Glass" video. It's nothing but a port.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 2

This looks good and all but I pretty much accepted that we are getting a better port of current gen. I actually don't hate current gen so I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Although the game looks good, it doesnt wow me like a certain other basketball games trailer did. If you would've told me that this was Madden 15, I honestly would believe you. There are noticable improvements but not the leap one would expect from a next-gen console. Anyway, I still can't wait to see actual gameplay.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #44
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
And thats exactly the problem. If you go back and look at the Seahawk part thats the closest the shadow ever gets to his foot. It never touches and clearly shows the whole time hes in his pat down that he's hovering. But you are right the AP video you can clearly see the shadow touching his foot and his foot appears to be set inside the grass.
Hopefully there is an option to set the game speed to slow. That opening seen looks really good. I think this announcement is the one that many have been waiting for. Some substance about what they expect from Next Gen.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 28

I don't care about some minor "hovering", since it IS software, there are going to be those "imperfections". It's not noticeable IMHO if the player movement is realistic. No more of this instant change of direction that makes Madden an arcade game. It's time they step it up and make the palyers move like real humans, and not be able to instantly change direction without planting their feet and shifting momentum.

Player movement.... say that over and over - because that is where the biggest flaws are. Then you need to apply the actual "football" elements. You know, things like PENALTIES - gap assignments/run fits, blocking, tackling, ball physics...

Oh, and PLEASE - get rid of that crap where you sack the QB and the ball squirts out. It's absolutely ridiculous and it looks embarrassingly bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #46
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

We are still getting teasers instead of gameplay despite the fact the game comes out in 32 days...
Old 10-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #47
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Hopefully there is an option to set the game speed to slow. That opening seen looks really good. I think this announcement is the one that many have been waiting for. Some substance about what they expect from Next Gen.
I was thinking the same thing when I watched this. My first though was this is way too fast and twitchy for me. But it is a promo trailer after all. Slow and sim doesn't sell games. Big hits and highlight jukes do.

I will still contend that the oline/dline (and them fixing major glitches from current gen) interaction will be what sell the game for me. I was looking forward to the war in the trenches announcement after watching the run on the coach glass gameplay video now this makes me even more anxious to hear how they have balanced the oline/dline. I love running the ball and current gen Madden that was completly brokenfor me. I had to try not to gain 4 yards on every run. I am hopeful the improvements to dline/oline fix that.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopin
If you watch the whole clip, he never actually does touch the grass.
Just so we are all clear...you do know that its not real grass and its not a real player...Its a video game. OK..now that we are all hopefully on the same page...In the virtual world of video-games it is my personal opinion that the player model's feet are definitely hitting the virtual turf with each foot plant that is more than acceptable for a videogame.

Last edited by dat swag; 10-10-2013 at 03:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »