Home

Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video - MNF Simulation: Colts vs. Chargers (Xbox One)

I've watched this twice, and I can't shake the feeling that this looks so much like Madden 08, with the hulking physiques, and blocky cartoony look. Maybe I'm nuts but thats what it looks like to me. And man, that 2K8 vid, its unbelivable how good that looks.
Please forgive me, I don't know all the developers, creative etc, but is this Cam Weber guy still in charge of Madden? I remember the elation when he was announced, and frankly I think this series has regressed since he came on. I was extremely critical of Ian and his team, but I have to eat some crow and say I think he was on target, I think if he ws still here Madden 13 and 14 would have been tremendous.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #186
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Not impressed at all. Looks just like current-gen, other than a tiny, tiny graphics jump.
Not bad but not great = Madden
Old 10-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #187
Rookie

OVR: 0
Arena looks good... But that's where it stops
Old 10-14-2013, 03:23 PM   #188
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NEW Xbox One Gameplay Video (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
This is what we want!!!

AND

Wow 2k8 had true step back then almost 10 years ago??! Can't be? Isn't that new technology by EA sports? lmao.. Take some lesson from what a real football game should look like EA, now that's animations! Sad thing from all this is that EA still can't do what these game did years ago??!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #189

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers24win
Arena looks good... But that's where it stops
Arena?

Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #190
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: NEW Xbox One Gameplay Video (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Could you point out what's much improved?

I agree with you that there is hope if madden can improve the AI. The biggest issue to me personally is the AI. I enjoyed M13 and M25 at times with their wack animations. But what KILLS the game for me is the AI of the players. So, I'm with you, if they can transfer knowledge from former players into AI, there is some hope. I don't have any faith in them doing that though based off what the devs have said. They say it takes so long to even add in presentation/graphical/accessory changes, I can't imagine they would revamp the AI in that same cycle. They JUST started getting lead blockers to stop running past the 1st and 2nd defender.. I don't expect them to add in gap assignments or true blocking schemes. I would LOVE to have to call out the Mike in order to pick up the blitz.. Doubt I ever will.
In the coachglass video you can see Olineman turning Dlineman to actually open up holes. There is double team pass blocking and in general Dlineman looking more motivated to get to the QB and not settling for being stonewalled at the point of attack.

I long for the day when I shift my Dline and it actually changes the technique of the player. When i see Dline alignments in madden it's strictly cosmetic. Double Team pass blocking should make blitzing from the 3-4 more realistic but hopefully this is balanced and not overpowered.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #191
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is truly underwhelming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #192
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Arena?

In his defense, Madden has played like the Arena League over the last few years.

Last edited by gator3guy; 10-14-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »